BEST WW1 textbook (1 Viewer)

Lailaa

HSC
Hey guys,

What textbook are you using in school for WW1?

Also plz recommend good WW1 txtbooks for home study you may use.

thanks.

whitnall8

HSC
The Excel and Macquarie study guides are good for revision. I know that they're not technically textbooks but they spell out all of the syllabus points concisely, so are useful when making notes.

We use the textbooks written by M. McAndrew and D. Thomas for the Great War and the Russian Revolution (they're our teachers).

Kittikhun

HSC
Excel and Macquarie are practically useless and too superficial. For notes, just read over Ken Webb's 'Get Smart' cheat notes. They'll pull you through.

meggo-meggo

HSC
anything webb in modern history will help you out A LOT.
Thats so true home dogs. Webb is the master of modern history. He's reached godlike status in our modern class. Pity though, we've only got his text for National Study: Germany. I'm definitely buying his World War I text before trials.... what's its title? I'm too lazy to even do an amazon search. :cool:

meggo-meggo

HSC
Also, the HTA Study Guide is realllllly useful times a thousand. It's much more in depth than the Excel is, and has good advice for writing top essays etc. I've only used it a bit for half-yearlies but its definitely a good choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)