Experiences in the trenches of both allied and german soldier sources?!?! (1 Viewer)

Siennalady

HSC
Hi!
I've been looking for AGES but, I can't find many sources relating to experiences of both allied and german soldiers in the trenches. ESPECIALLY German experience!

If you could be awesome enough, the physical and psychological impacts of trench warfare on soldiers with written sources, or any other sources for that matter.
I need the ASAP!!

I don't wanna fail HSC :(

D94

HSC
N/A
I think it would be safe to assume the experiences of both Allied and German soldiers were fairly similar, without even looking at any source. German trenches were of better quality than Allied so actual life would be slightly better, but this would have been of minimal difference in the bigger picture and in hindsight.

Anyway, if you want sources and information, there are some here:

View attachment 44423_Part1.2.pdf (PDF file)

loaves

HSC
I think it would be safe to assume the experiences of both Allied and German soldiers were fairly similar, without even looking at any source. German trenches were of better quality than Allied so actual life would be slightly better, but this would have been of minimal difference in the bigger picture and in hindsight.
This is true, but the German homefront also began to collapse earlier, making German soldiers more resentful, bitter and war-wearied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)