Russia- The Great Patriotic War (1 Viewer)

NinaChapps

HSC
Do you guys think a question about the great patriotic war will come up? Because my teacher barely covered this part, as well as Russia's foreign policy, and it's been quite stressful trying to learn it by myself, as well as coming up with a great essay practice response. Do you think it would be okay to not study this section and hope it doesn't come up?

enoilgam

HSC
If I was aiming for the best marks possible, I would cover the whole syllabus. At the very least, if you don't have the time, just revise the section quickly.

jenslekman

HSC
enoilgam, i believe that the great patriotic war is no longer part of the syllabus - goes up to 1941.

so i don't think its necessary to study this at all - just have a general idea of western alliances that formed after 1941 but not the war in detail.

and also, no - a q on great patriotic war will not come up - probably have to write about it under soviet foreign policy.

but anyways - correct me if i'm wrong. haven't really looked at this part of syllabus in detail yet.

NinaChapps

HSC
enoilgam, i believe that the great patriotic war is no longer part of the syllabus - goes up to 1941.

so i don't think its necessary to study this at all - just have a general idea of western alliances that formed after 1941 but not the war in detail.

and also, no - a q on great patriotic war will not come up - probably have to write about it under soviet foreign policy.

but anyways - correct me if i'm wrong. haven't really looked at this part of syllabus in detail yet.
Okay, so what do you think the likelihood of a soviet foreign policy question coming up is ?

enoilgam

HSC

I didnt do Russia - I was just providing a bit of general advice. This question usually comes up for most topics in modern, so my stock answer is usually you should study the syllabus as a whole. If it isnt on the syllabus though, then you shouldnt worry too much about it.

jenslekman

HSC
Okay, so what do you think the likelihood of a soviet foreign policy question coming up is ?
personally, there are two question options - if one is a foregin policy question, i would pick the other option. but foreign policy hasnt come up in recent years so they might put it in this year. as enoilgam said, you should study the whole syllabus (great patriotic war isnt part of it though) just in case the other question is too dificult to answer (and you are "forced" to do the foreign policy question).

enoilgam

HSC
personally, there are two question options - if one is a foregin policy question, i would pick the other option. but foreign policy hasnt come up in recent years so they might put it in this year. as enoilgam said, you should study the whole syllabus (great patriotic war isnt part of it though) just in case the other question is too dificult to answer (and you are "forced" to do the foreign policy question).
This definitely - you want to have options when looking at the questions on the day, so cover everything. As they say,"a pint of sweat saves a galleon of blood".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)