Russia - Impact of Purges, show trials and terror (1 Viewer)

NinaChapps

HSC
If an essay question were to come up in the exam about this topic dot-point , would It be more focused on terror in Stalin's leadership period alone , or terror in the communist party covering Lenin's leadership of the Bolsheviks as well?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's really up to BOS discretion, but I'd say the content of that DP would likely be considered in the realms of assessing Stalinism and/or Totalitarianism.

Read Q carefully, you might be able to bring up Lenin if it's possible. (Like that there was terror under Lenin's leadership also)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's really up to BOS discretion, but I'd say the content of that DP would likely be considered in the realms of assessing Stalinism and/or Totalitarianism.

Read Q carefully, you might be able to bring up Lenin if it's possible. (Like that there was terror under Lenin's leadership also)

NinaChapps

HSC

If It was in relation to totalitarianism, would it be irrelevant to mention other contributions to Stalin's totalitarian regime, such as cult of personality etc , if the question focuses on the terror aspect alone?

declanbehan

HSC
If an essay question were to come up in the exam about this topic dot-point , would It be more focused on terror in Stalin's leadership period alone , or terror in the communist party covering Lenin's leadership of the Bolsheviks as well?
When it's talking about in conjunction with purges and show trials, then I'd say its all about Stalinism's impacts - I did an essay plan for this question, though you could probably tie Lenin in by contrasting his "red terror" with Stalin's Cheka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)