Your opinion of Albert Speer? (1 Viewer)

untitled....

HSC
hey guys, i'm really ineterested to find out what other think of Speer.

personally, I reckon that he was the "apolitical technocrat" that we've all heard him described as and i also think that he realised the greateness of his position/role and did whatever it took to be the best at what he did

gypo101

HSC
i think he was the "a moral technocrat"
there is no doubt that he knew exactly what was happening but he simply choose to ignore, it didn't fit in with his plans
he was only concerned about his career and he would go to any end to further it, no matter if some people were sacrificed along the way
he is one of those pplz that believes that the end justifies the end..
wat i would really like to know is whether he should have been hung like many of the other Nazi's "elite"

Heyu8myrice

HSC
In my opinion he was a liar. After my studies of him it became obvious he just couldn't have not known about camp Dora and what was going on. He just spent a lot of his life manipulating the truth for his personal gain and to escape the hangman's noose.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Clever and cunning manipulator who was damn opportunistic. Almost Janus-faced.

bobbobo211

HSC
Definitely would have hung at Nuremburg had all the things post-1977 been revealed then. Had to know about the final solution- had to be at Posen 1943, abused forced labour, used Soviet POWs for labour and cunningly admitted guilt for everything AFTER 1942, thus escaping any potential persecution for his time as an architect. Should have died in 1946 with the other Nazi elite.

Cinndy

HSC
N/A
I would view him as completely emotionally detached from his surroundings.
I doubt that he actually cared about what was going on in the background, but continue doing his job, in which he was doing superbly well in.
He lied in the Nuremberg trials for his own benefit that gained him losing half of his charges he was in court for.
I perceive him as a highly intelligent man with sheer luck to be in Hitler's 'inner circle'.

TheBigChump

HSC
N/A
Speer was definitely a clever man. That can not be argued. Whether that makes him good or bad, I don't know. Recent evidence though surely stacks up against him and personally I believe he should have been hanged with the others, especially since Fritz Saukel received death and he wasn't even considered an 'elite'. Even without evidence such as the W olter's chronicles and the letters discovered in 2005, Speer was definitely guilty of crimes punishable by death and should have been dealt so. I do not hate the man entirely and I do hold some respect for his cunning and intellect however I still believe he should of been hanged for his crimes against humanity and for that, I blame the judges. They could have extended the trial so as to make a better and more informed decision rather than be in awe at an 'intelligent' Nazi. Their bias and his intellect resulted in his survival, in my opinion anyway. Nonetheless Albert Speer was a clever person who pursued his goals with strong organisation and motivation and took opportunities that served his interests greatly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)