Leni Riefenstahl Essay Help? (1 Viewer)

smoore52

HSC
N/A
“Throughout history, personalities have been judged according to their intentions and motivations.” Assess the career of Leni Riefenstahl in light of this argument.

i'm having some trouble getting around how to actually answer this question, can anyone help me in forming a good structure for this essay and what points i would write about? I know the basics, i just need some help! :idea: thanks in advance :)

_anajane

HSC
“Throughout history, personalities have been judged according to their intentions and motivations.” Assess the career of Leni Riefenstahl in light of this argument.

For this question, talk about her film-making days and close encounters with Hitler. Maybe in your Introduction you could briefly outline what movies she created and when she met Hitler. In your Body, talk about her most prominent films and what critics said about it in regards to her supporting the Nazi Government. Hope this helped.

nojess

HSC
That's a great question to include historiography as her motivations and intentions are so widely debated! I'd use historical opinion and argue with or against it. So consider the really generic and overused propaganda vs. art debate and maybe the feminist pioneer idea (although I found it quite difficult to find quotes from historians for that one). Also remember that her career extends further than just her film-making days with Hitler, and it's part of the syllabus so include it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)