Need Anglo-Irish Relations Advice/Guidance (1 Viewer)

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
I'm sure that there is another thread similar to this, but I couldn't be bothered to search it.

It will be Week 8 at my school on Monday and we are half-way through our Personality Study (Trotsky). We still have to start Anglo-Irish Relations. Yes, we are fucked for the trials. :(

All I am asking is for some advice and maybe some links to good sites or suggested textbooks/resources for the Anglo-Irish topic - so I have at least a slight chance to pass the exam. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Checking the forums it appears that this type of this is common and most have no replies.

Last edited:

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I'm sure that there is another thread similar to this, but I couldn't be bothered to search it.

It will be Week 8 at my school on Monday and we are half-way through our Personality Study (Trotsky). We still have to start Anglo-Irish Relations. Yes, we are fucked for the trials. :(

All I am asking is for some advice and maybe some links to good sites or suggested textbooks/resources for the Anglo-Irish topic - so I have at least a slight chance to pass the exam. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Checking the forums it appears that this type of this is common and most have no replies.
Lol, dw our whole class is fuked for the trials so it won't matter.

p.s just realised your sig and lol'ed hard.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
Yeah maybe some of us will pass :)

But yeah i thought it deserved sig status.. i mean, really, what was he doing?

Niek

HSC
Some awesome historians for this topic are McKittrick, McVea (they wrote Making Sense of the Troubles together, seriously recommend that book), Foster is pretty good, Dixon... it's fairly hard to find resources on the topic :mad1:

But if you go to resources, there is one download FULL of historian quotes, and it's really helpful - can't remember the name (sorry!) but it's pretty much one of the only Ireland resources there..

Good luck!

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
thanks for the help. I will have a look for that text you mentioned

Beeck

HSC
My school uses 2 text books
Ireland a divided island-Tony rea and john wirght
and
the stugle for peace in norther ireland
but the best stuff come from media sources there is heaps in utube a wickapedia and wesights like that

Barkode

HSC
my class uses making sense of the troubles as our primary text, and in a way ireland is such a boring topic. It has a timeline at the end of the book, and eveeeery single page is like IRA blows this up x people die, loyalists retaliate and y people die. Republicans whinge, Unionists refuse to budge. Rinse and repeat x25 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)