Antoher Nazi-Soviet non-agression pact question (1 Viewer)

Grublet

HSC
N/A
Analyse the consequences of the Nazi-Soviet non-aggression Pact and how it contributes to the growth of European tensions and the outbreak of War.

So far I have nothing on how it contributes to growth of European tensions

All i have for contributing to the outbreak of war is that it:
Made Germany able to invade Poland (because they knew they wouldn't have to fight Russia)
Therefore - Britain and Germany declared war as they made a guarantee that they would defend Poland

Drags

HSC
It also harbours political influences in deciding the war would take place. Russia only signed the non aggression pact with Germany because their own relationship with Britain and France was somewhat rocky. It shows the separation of powers in Europe and ultimately adds to the melting pot of issues that result in Britain finally putting their foot down following Germany's unopposed aquistion of the Rhineland, Sudatenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia.
In these questions I would also state that Hitler's intention was to never honour the non aggression pact, but it was to ultimately give him time to attack the Western Front and capturing Poland and France before returning to his aim of Lebensraum ( expansion East at the expense of inferior races, namely Slavs).

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Highlights Stalin's uneasiness with Britain and France having seen their appeasement of Germany (Rhineland, Anschluss, Czechoslovakia). I think France, Czechoslovakia and the USSR had a defensive pact that was not honoured by the Munich Conference (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which lets the USSR side with Germany
(As you mentioned) Lets Germany decrease the risk of a two front war (France and Poland/USSR). However keep in mind that the Red Army was still reeling from the Great Purges of Stalin and thus were under-strength. This also gives the USSR an advantage as they can bolster their army in the event that Germany does attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)