Leunig Cartoon - Mr Curly Transports Wayfaring Pilgrims... (1 Viewer)

Ary

HSC
does anyone know where i can get the actual leunig cartoon of Mr Curly Transporst Wayfaring Pilgrims...i got notes on it but need the actual cartoon as well.

need help finding it asap.

thanks

shagz_04

Hey,
have you found that cartoon yet? i know we've done it here in cass, so i might be able to get you the cartoon if you need it still, but i would really like your notes on it if thats ok??
email me - its quicker

Shannon

Lydia Har

HSC
Hey Ary,
would you by any chance still have your notes?? I really need some but can't find any.

Thanks,

Lydia

sleepplease

HSC
Hey guys,

I only saw this cartoon in a practice paper yesterday so I don't have "notes" but I'll tell you what I noticed.

- setting: it's in the desert, with the mountains forming vectors that seem to dictate the direction of the journey --> this enhances the idea of a one way voyage, through the adversity and heat of the desert to somewhere (we can only imagine) "better".

- arrangement of the characters in a linear formation: they are lined up in a "follow-the-leader" arrangment, the irony lies in the fact that the goat is the leader. This could show a blind conviction or faith in the journey and the "small, mystical, beautiful" destination that they are seeking.

- potato cart: this is an absurd, surreal image, which suggests a figurative or metaphorical jouney is also taking place, as the characters are looking to find something better or fill something lacking within their own lives. It could also be a humerous suggestion that the whole journey is pointless, and that Mr Curly and his pilgrims are on the same fruitless journey that all humans are, looking for somewhere where the "grass is greener"

- the tea set I think ties into the first idea of the potato cart - the idea that we go on journeys to try and resolve something in our own lives. the teaset is a symbol of domesticity.

- the writing uses contrasting personfication- the "bad mood" of the world and the "peaceful shores" of the otehr. This is important because it presents quite explicity that the purpose of hte journey is to escape the life that they are not satisfied iwth, and seek something better.

Hope that helps!

st.jimmy

HSC
Heyo,
Just thought I'd add a little something I spotted.
The phrase “Lake Lacuna …place of sanity” is also somewhat significant as Lacuna means a gap or something not there, this in turn suggests that there is no such thing as sanity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)