Inner Journey essay (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me please

I have all my notes on techniques and type of inner journeys in Life is Beautiful however in regards to an essay I having a hard time actually tackling a basic question, including everything would be too much and I don't know how to write this type of essay to the journey.

Does anyone have any advice or any example inner joureny essays to any set text not necessarily Life is Beautiful that I could please read and show me how this is really good and answers the question.

Thanks Heaps,
Eyetalian

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
English Standard is less stressful than Advanced ...

Lol I was given Highly Developed in a homework essay, but only developing/competent in the exam ... dammit ... bad memory :(

Anyway I know nothingk of the topic "Life is beautiful" .. but I can offer advice on essay writing ?

Dont write in first person (I think this .... , I think that ... )
Dont write in second person (You may consider the ... )

Dont use contractions (Where David doesn't recall ...)
-Use only in quotes
Dont write in colloquial/informal language (Like I think this person is kind of..)
-Use only when quoting

LoL you heard of magic formula ?
In English it isnt Abracadabra

The one I have here is modified for Essays ...

When writing about a point or statement

1. Quote it
(David described Jim as "Lazy couch potato"...)
2. Explain its effectiveness
( ... due to the fact Jim has no motivation and his lack of physical involvement)

sorrey for the inaccuracy of my reply ...

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help, its just that tacking into account all those things do I simply mention an inner journey then use techniques to back it up and how do actaully incorporate 5 pages of very good notes into about 400 words while answering the question.

Eyetalian

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
eyetalian said:
Thanks for your help, its just that tacking into account all those things do I simply mention an inner journey then use techniques to back it up and how do actaully incorporate 5 pages of very good notes into about 400 words while answering the question.

Eyetalian
Unfortunately I have not studied the text "Life is beautiful"
First things first, is "Life is Beautiful" .. Is it a:

Novel ?
Film ?
Poem ?

Because each of these texts provide varying amounts of notes for you to write down ...

Poetry could provide you 2 statements per stanza ... while a film for example "Pleasantville" could provide you more in 20 minutes ...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
LottoX said:
Draw a map or a list of what you're going to say:

E.g.

Intro: Statement/thesis
------>Listing your texts
------>Listing the points/aspects of Inner Journeys.

Body:
Point 1: (some aspect of inner journeys)
-------->How this is shown in core text (techniques)
-------->How this is shown in a related text (techniques)

Point 2: (some other aspect of inner journeys)
-------->How this is shown in core text (techniques)
-------->How this is shown in another related text (techniques)

So on and so forth. I found this dort of approach really helps when my mind/ideas are scattered.
im certain he is a much more keen essay writer, and i can only do english standard :(

"Life is Beautiful" is a film thats in Italian, well ..

Record any scenes that depict change and explain how the director "deliberately" chose the scene to depict change. If you wanted to quote anything they said in the movie, you translate it of course in English and if there are subtitles make sure theyre accurate, I assume youre a fluent Italian speaker ...
After quoting a dialogue then explain it and so on ...

A dialogue is when someone says something ...

e.g

John had referred to the glut of regular pub patrons with the dialog "The regular men at the local pub had bottomless stomachs, they could drink a lot of beer!"

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
LottoX said:
There are two approaches to essay writing:

1. Tight, strong integration of texts with close and detailed knowledge in the form of quotations, technqiues and relating material.

2. Full out over-use of vocabulary and hope that the teacher is subdued into giving full marks.
Does No.2 work with HSC Exam markers ?

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
You wouldnt happen to have any specific inner journeys in life is beautiful and unfortunately i dont speak italian fluently, i study italian and hopefully fluency in the future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)