Ancient History....help! (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Hey i'm looking for two things in my assignment

• A case study that refers to mummification (either Ancient Egypt ritualistsic or accidental)
  • Some sources (preferably 10, although by no means neccesarry) which supports this
I've looked for hours, and i can't find anything!!! :mad1:

:bomb:

Help!!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
  • A case study that refers to mummification (either Ancient Egypt ritualistsic or accidental)
  • Some sources (preferably 10, although by no means neccesarry) which supports this

Help!!
How could you not find anything on mummification? lol
There is heaps on the bog bodies. In year 11 we did a case study on Lindow Man. There is also that ice dude who got preserved.

enzyme

HSC
Yeah, the bog bodies are a great example. Some names I remember from studying that topic are... Tollund Man and Yde Girl. I'm unsure of the details though, look them up and see what you can find.
There'd be heaps on Egyptian mummification rituals.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
ari89 said:
How could you not find anything on mummification? lol
There is heaps on the bog bodies. In year 11 we did a case study on Lindow Man. There is also that ice dude who got preserved.
yeah the iceman (aka otzi) is a pretty good example.

X

xeuyrawp

(enigma) said:
yeah the iceman (aka otzi) is a pretty good example.
Yup, but I'd go for an intentional mummification. If you go for something like an Egyptian corpse, you've got lots of evidence (both ancient/modern, and primary/secondary).

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
S1M0 said:

Help!!
yea i think an intentional mummification would be easier and give you the most. You could do the mummies in KV55 for that.

Otherwise for an accidental mummification there's the people who were wrapped in wool and put into coffins alive. They became mummified because of the oils in the wool.

Either way i hope you do well and good luck :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)