Can someone help me please? (1 Viewer)

DragonShox

HSC
N/A
Could someone please help me answer this practice question? (15 marks)
What does evidence reveal about daily life in Minoan society?

sgtgummybear

HSC
Try going through the syllabus dot points and find things that are relevant in daily life.
Things like how it's a thalassocracy, what did they use for trade. Where were the centres of trade? You could talk about social hierarchy, like from ruler at the top to labourers at the bottom. Was it a male ruler, or perhaps female? There's more gender equality in Minoan Crete. What did they wear, who wore what? Talk about the palace economy-how they had no coinage but performed transactions by bartering instead. It was agricultural society - what was cultivated? You could mention what they ate. Definitely talk about religion-polytheistic, cult worship, animal sacrifices - they heavily worshipped earth and nature. What festivals did they have, what sport did they enjoy? Their technology was quite advanced for their time-things like metalwork and gold.

Don't forget your evidence (frescoes, Kamares pottery, artefacts etc.) and historians (Arthur Evans, Nanno Marinatos, Keith Brannigan etc.)

There's a lot more, I'm sure, I just can't think of anything else from the top of my head. :DTry googling Daily Life in Minoan Crete and see what you find.

I hope I've helped. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)