possible questions for BNW/BR (1 Viewer)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Yep yep :)

HSC Question 2002

In comparing your TWO texts you will have to become aware of how the contexts of the texts have shaped their form and meaning. Of more interest, perhaps is the comparison of the values associated with each text.

To what extent has this point of view been your experience to your study of In the Wild?

I'd go look for ETA practise papers, but I'm currently moving house, and can't really find anything much.

Past trial qu's would be good.

jims

HSC
CSSA 2002:

How have the tensions between human aspirations and perceptions and the forces of nature been shaped in contrasting or complementary ways in the 2 texts you have studied?

muddy_gumboot

1) How is meaning shaped in each text by social, cultural and historical contexts?

2)The setting of each narrative: How does each composer use marginalisation of setting to create or atmosphere and mood that reinforces the central message of humanitys' need for nature.

3)The use of the main character: how do Huxley and Ridley Scott use John the Savage and Deckard respectively to illustrate the impoverishment of the whole world through the blotting out or destruction of its natural elements?

4)The ending of each narrative: What conclusions can you draw about the value of nature from the ending of each text?

5) The style and form of each narrative: How do the style and form of each text contribute to its examination of humanity's relationship with the natural world.

clairethebear

I don't know which year this question is from:

How has the composer of the contemporary text used the earlier text to say something new? Answer this question in relation to the TWO prescribed texts you have studied.

clairethebear

This is from 2002 paper 2:

In comparing you two texts you will have become aware of how the contexts of the texts have shaped their form and meaning. Of more interest perhaps, is a comparison of the values associated with each text.
To what extent has this point of view been your experience in your study of Transformations of In The Wild?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Module A: Comparative Study of Texts and Context
Brave New World (Aldous Huxley) and Blade Runner Directors Cut (Ridley Scott)

Question 1 Elective 1 and 2: In the Wild/Transformations (HSC 2002)
In comparing your TWO texts you will have become aware of how the contexts of the texts have shaped their form and meaning. Of more interest, perhaps, is a comparison of the values associated with each text.

To what extent has this point of view been your experience in your study of Transformations OR In the Wild?

Question 2 Elective 2: In the Wild (HSC 2001)
Compare how TWO prescribed texts you have studied explore the tension between humanity and the natural world.

Question 2 Elective 2: In the Wild (Catholic Trial 2002)
How have the tensions between human aspirations and the forces of nature been shaped in contrasting or complementary ways in the two texts yo have studied?

Question 2 Elective 2: In the Wild (Catholic Trial 2001)
The experience of the wild exposes and educates. How well is this statement supported by your prescribed texts?

Question 2 Elective 2: In the Wild (Independent Trial 2001)
At times, humanity sees itself at odds with Nature and wants to tame it, and at other times humanity and Nature are rhythmically attuned. Discuss this statement in relation to the TWO prescribed texts you have studied.

Question 2 Elective 2: In the Wild (BOS sample question)
You are a visitor to the worlds of your prescribed texts. Write a personal reflection on the relationships between humans and nature in each of the worlds, and show how they differ in the two prescribed texts.

The prescribed texts are:
* Prose Fiction and Film Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
Ridley Scott, Blade Runner Directors Cut
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Phew*, I hate capitalising and formalising questions, in an effort to make it legible/comprehendible for others. :)

tieki

Our trial:

"People's relationship with nature varies between two extremes - control and exploitation on the one hand, wonder and empathy on the other". Discuss.

:p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
well in my trial (the independent) we had da following:

Composers in this elective communicate the vision that, regardless of the progress that has been made in civilisation, contact with the natural world is vital for humanity"

discuss.

i don't think there is much variety in this module...i just memorised a general essay on the relationship b/w human and nature in both texts.:D

emily

ours was

"No text stands alone"

how has the interrelationship between blah and blah and each of their contexts contributed to meaning?

(not worded exactly the same but i can't find my paper)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
ETA 2001

Humans always strive to create their own image of "the wild". Explore the views of the wild you have encountered in the TWO prescribed texts you have studied.

"Changing the context completely transforms the text." Have you found this to be true in your study of this elective? Discuss your two texts and the ways that context influences them.

"Over time, texts can cross-pollinate with one another to produce an exciting new text." What key features do your set texts have in common? What are the essential differences between them?

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
our trial:

can't find the paper, but something like this...
You have been asked to speak on a television program and discuss the making of your text (BNW or BR). Write an interview making reference to both Brade New World and Blade Runner.

our 1/2 yearly
"Each composer gives a different experience of the wild". Discuss this statement with close reference to Brave New World and Blade Runner.

Andronicus

OK, my answer to the post query...

They can really only ask you to compare the two texts in reference to their explorations of human nature and the natural world (and in such, you will cover different values associated with the contexts)...

You MUST refer to context (try to integrate it), and refer to how the contexts of the writers had certain values, vlaues that are seemingly absent in their respective texts. Actually, for the Trials (1st!!!) we had to write a conversation between Huxley and Scott and have them discuss the contexts of their texts and how the values and issues of humanity and nauture are put forward.

So there you have it...

young_gurl

is it possible to just memorise an essay that will answer any sort of question on BR and BNW???...as long as u include
historical context
meaning
and techniques???

Dumbandsmart

Well 'In the Wild' sucs altogether
Discuss using your two prescibed texts and a variety of additional texts of your own choosing.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by young_gurl
is it possible to just memorise an essay that will answer any sort of question on BR and BNW???...as long as u include
historical context
meaning
and techniques???
yeah, thats what i do, but make sure u always suite the essay to the question though.:D

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I've written a few essays for BNW/BR and I seem to be focussing mainly on the context and the wild aspect, and not on the actual texts. Meaning I don't have very much textual analysis. Is this really bad or can you get away with mentioning some techniques but not providing too many examples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)