Anyone wanna take a wild stab at the question for Harwood??? (1 Viewer)

patty4848

HSC
Anyone? do you reckon they may ask to use specific poems?
Thoughts?

mathslover

HSC
Shit man idk!!!
no clue..
but in most Qs dont they want u to relate to universal themes?

they might ask for a specific theme or concept to relate her poems to.
i reckon theyll ask u to write in a aspecific text type for this one..:S

Last years emotions one was alright..

Is anyone doing readings this year? coz i heard the markers are sick of redings and want our personal response to the poems? is this true?

mathslover

HSC
I dont think theyve ever asked for specific poems so they wont suddenly bring it up this year would they?
thats wat id like to think anyway:(
thatd be horrible if they did.. and it was like Alter Ego or some crappy poem like that !
haha

Miffstaa

HSC
maybe something with reception?
values?
existential themes?
personal experience?

i was looking at one past paper where specified a poem that had to be analysed.
If they do that for Nightfall or At mornington, I will....well probably make shit up.

patty4848

HSC
unfortunately one of the syllabus dot points is about reception in different contexts blah blah blah, so they could still ask about context and interpretations. i thought maybe because last year that had focused on themes/emotions that maybe this year a context question may be asked but im not sure.

i agree that it may not be a straight extended response. if its not, best bet its probably a conversation or an interview with two conflicting arguments, and in that case, probably context and interpretations would be the question.

im really worried that they may ask for a specific poem(s), because i have some good responses on some of them, but there's like one or two that i just... don't like! really don't like! at all! ever!

mathslover

HSC
patty4848 said:
unfortunately one of the syllabus dot points is about reception in different contexts blah blah blah, so they could still ask about context and interpretations. i thought maybe because last year that had focused on themes/emotions that maybe this year a context question may be asked but im not sure.

i agree that it may not be a straight extended response. if its not, best bet its probably a conversation or an interview with two conflicting arguments, and in that case, probably context and interpretations would be the question.

im really worried that they may ask for a specific poem(s), because i have some good responses on some of them, but there's like one or two that i just... don't like! really don't like! at all! ever!
I doubt theyll ask for specific poems. That would be giving some people an advantage over others, if theyve studied a specific poem more than others.

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
I'd prolly say values and concerns? Yeah i know it sounds liek a common question.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Could be a common theme again, or how the poem continues to resonate with responders or something.

If its Alter Ego they want us to discuss, oh gosh.

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
Kujah said:
If its Alter Ego they want us to discuss, oh gosh.
Alter ego is soo horrible, we didn't even do it in class.

B

bekmay

ah omg i would die if they nominated prizegiving or father and child

Kujah

HSC
N/A
So what poems are we all relying upon?

I'm using At Mornington, The Violets and Father and Child as a back-up.

friction

HSC
Lol im doing both Alter ego and prize giving :).

Also i dont think they will ask something on context as they have already done that.

I dont think they will ask a specific poem or god i hope they dont. I think we might be in for a fairly generic quesiton this year, but in a different form. Maybe like write a speech on your interpretation of the poems (or maybe just a little less general).

SkimDawg

Feeling Good
HSC
Kujah said:
So what poems are we all relying upon?

I'm using At Mornington, The Violets and Father and Child as a back-up.
Prolly Glass Jar, Father and Child and At Mornington as back-up. Glass jar seems to be my favourite.

friction

HSC
Glass Jar, Alter Ego and Prize giving. Been getting 17s all year so hoping for an 18. Gwen is my best so need to dominate it.

dolbinau

HSC
It does not matter if context is asked or not, you always have to refer to the text's 'reception in different contexts'.

B

bekmay

i'm doing at mornington, alter ego and the violets if i need it =]
hopefully no nominated poems..

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
im doing glass jar, alter ego
prize giving if i have to do a third

mathslover

HSC
dolbinau said:
It does not matter if context is asked or not, you always have to refer to the text's 'reception in different contexts'.
okay but they dont have to be readings? u can just say "a bla bla perspective would be..." aye?

dolbinau

HSC
mathslover said:
okay but they dont have to be readings? u can just say "a bla bla perspective would be..." aye?
My teacher, and the HSC advice line suggested they should be critical commentary or quotes that has influenced your personal response.

You can't just say "A marxist perspective would be _______" (or whatever reading you chose, I've never done this so I don't know). Read the marking guidelines :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)