Gendered Language (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Hey just wanting to know who else is doing gendered language for there elective????

There's got to be others out there????

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
Hey just wanting to know who else is doing gendered language for there elective????

There's got to be others out there????
I did it last year. Does that count? :D

What texts are you doing this year?

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
that counts just fine...
we do tannen (of course)
twelfth night
elizabeth

just getting into 12th night atm

actually getting into this unit atm

any advice on how to tackle it

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
Originally posted by MissSavage29
that counts just fine...
we do tannen (of course)
twelfth night
elizabeth

just getting into 12th night atm

actually getting into this unit atm

any advice on how to tackle it
Bahahaha, same texts I did.

Twelfth Night is reeeally boring, but if you find it fun, GOOD ON YOU! lol

Simply highlight quotes as you go along, like list the major themes, then highlight whats appropriate as you read it, so you don't have to go back. Elizabeth is a killer. SO. Homosexuality and how women are going through role reversals is pretty much the obvious one. Anyhew, if you need any help you can just email me or add me on msn, its in my profile.

Have fun & Good luck :)

melly_b

im doing gendered language this yr too
im finding it pretty hard at the moment...

wat issues do you address in Elizabeth? ...
are u looking at film techniques and stuff too?

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
Originally posted by melly_b
im doing gendered language this yr too
im finding it pretty hard at the moment...

wat issues do you address in Elizabeth? ...
are u looking at film techniques and stuff too?
Yah, I found it hard too. But, lol, hard work pays off.

Hmm, Elizabeth. Just talk about how roles are reversed, and as a result of lack of male influence in Elizabeth's life, she has had to take on these more masculine characteristics. Also note that in the beginning, her hair/clothes were all colourful and vivid, and her hair was out etc, while towards the end when she became a more serious character, her collars became higher, and her hair more structured.

Regarding the techniques, its a good thing to watch the movie and make notes on stuff such as high angle shots, low angle shots, making people look in control, like Mary's midget people compared to the powerful dood Geoffrey Rush plays *I don't remember this anymore, my mind has blocked it alllll out* Oh and also, that first scene, where the Popes and other religious folk are circling the bald people, is like, wolves circling prey, conveyed through that high angle crane shot.

Hmm. OH! The camera panning right to left is kind of abnormal, such as in the beginning when, BAH I forget their names, the scene before where the guy touches the chicks chin, the crane shot in the castle, n' you see him walking with his people, hmm. Yeah anyway it goes from right to left I think, so yeah, its considered as not normal, or that something sinister is occuring. Little things like that are worth noting.

:)

melly_b

thanks heaps for that, i have an assessment tomorrow on a scene in elizabeth.... thats a great help. thanks!

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
Originally posted by melly_b
thanks heaps for that, i have an assessment tomorrow on a scene in elizabeth.... thats a great help. thanks!
Ooh yeah, is it a speech? I had to do a speech on Elizabeth, whoa boy it was a killer. ANYHEW. Yeah, I'm glad to help... nothing more better to do with my time. Add me on MSN anyone who wants to, n' I'll be glad to help you in whatever way possible!

I also have a whole heap of notes that I'm prolly gonna chuck out lol, so if anyone can think of a way to conveniently get them from me, they can have them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)