Weimar Germany (1 Viewer)

tweakin

Have you been told not to study this?
I have been told by people who went to the modern history lecture at some uni in the holidays that they were told not to study weimar..
our teachers have told us not to study the weimar period at all as we dont need to know it...
and this in the hsc syllabus guide on the boArd of studies web site..
" Although the period of study commences in 1918 only two key features are set for study prior to 1929. Consequently, more emphasis is placed upon the rise of Hitler to power in the 1930s and his consolidation of power and less upon the Weimar period of government."

Arch-man

We haven't been told not to study it, rather, we've been told to focus our studies on Nazi Germany '33 - '39

HSC
Well in our trial, we had a choice between a Nazi Germany question and a Weimar question.

so you should still study it, just focus on Nazi Germany more...

Zenithliza

In our trial we were given a weimar question. its worth learning because alot of questions require you to include weimar background

SaveFerris

Weimar Weimar Weimar

For some reason, Weimar was the only topic I managed to take in when we were doing 20th Century Germany in class...don't ask me why, I can't explain it...so now I'm madly trying to teach myself about Germany 1933 - 1945. Apparently I need to know something about some guy called Hitler? His name came up a few times in my study of Weimar...

I was so lucky we got a Weimar question in the trial...so, so, SO lucky...

On the bright side, we spent so long on Leni Riefenstahl I feel like I know her personally...our teacher made some comment about her birthday on August 22nd and I almost thought "Ooh, I have to remember to send a card"

The HSC is making me delirious...bring on November 16th!!

Arch-man

Odd, we spent bugger-all time on Riefenstahl. And our Mod. teacher has taken a month's leave, which means we won't have him again. :(

I don't think we've even been given a proper Mod teacher as a substitutre...

ShirLz

OMG our teacher told us nothin about all this weimar thing n here i am - tryin to learn it n figure out half the crap when i should b focusin on the part he rushed through - EEEEEk - teachers i swear to god!!! - s/times i think we don't even need them

jessie_115

In most papers or sample papers I have looked at (not that there is many floating around) you generally get a Weimar Germany questions and a Nazi Germany question to chose from. So just chose your strongest topic.

HSC
Originally posted by ShirLz
OMG our teacher told us nothin about all this weimar thing n here i am - tryin to learn it n figure out half the crap when i should b focusin on the part he rushed through - EEEEEk - teachers i swear to god!!! - s/times i think we don't even need them
Damn...
Your teacher sucks....

I guess you got a lot of catch up to do....

sif not 99

im praying for two questions on Weimar in the HSC then all the people who thought it wasn't important and didnt study it will get railed =), we spent too long on it

Arch-man

:jedi: If we get two questions on Weimar, I'll have a look at another topic.

I don't know much about the early USA, but I'll give it a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)