Soth Africa Essay- plz help (1 Viewer)

Ashlea

I really need help with a my South African essay assessment. The question is 'explain the impact on south africa of decolonisation in Rhodesia, Mozambique and Angola'.
I dont know where to start or where to look. Please help. :confused:

Megsy387

Hey.

I am doing SA too, and its really not that hard. I am working on a declonisation essay at the moment. Here are some of my points.

IMPACTED TO A GREAT EXTENT
-Removed buffer zones
-SA became isolated in Africa
-Bases for ANC in exile resistance set up in borderstates of SA
-Increased international Condemnation of National Party
-Failure in Nambia in 1988 showed National Patys weakness militarily and economically
-Gave more inspiration and hope to black South Africans

IMPACTED TO A MINIMAL EXTENT
-Other factors were stronger
-Sa fought back strongly, forcing dependent countries like Bostswana to support Sa
-UN declerations had little impact
-Economic difficulties were greater
-Reaction sholwed by National Party oppresses opposition forces more

Basically decolonisation was really only greatly effective btween 1999/90.

Here are some books u could use to, and remember the ANC site is great, www.anc.org.za

Barber, James South Africa In The Twentieth Century, Blackwell Publishers, UK, 1999

Davenport, Rodney and Saunders, Christopher
South Africa : A Modern History ( 5th Edition), MacMillan Press, Britain, 2000

Mandela, Nelson A Long Walk To Freedom, Little Brown Company, Great Britain, 1994

McKinley, Dale T. The ANC And The Liberation Struggle, Chicago, Pluto Press, 1997

Meer, Fatima Higher Than Hope, Victoria, Penguin Books, 1988

Meredith, Martin Nelson Mandela, A Biography, Hamish Hamilton, London, 1997

Michie Eades, Lindsay The End Of Apartheid in South Africa, Greenwood Press, USA, 1999

Robert, Ross A Concise History of South Africa, Cambrige University Press, UK, 1999

Sampson, Anthony. Mandela : The Authorized Biography, London, Harpers Collins Publishers, 2000

Sparks, Allister The Mind of South Africa : The Rise and Fall of Apartheid, Arrow Books,
Sydney, 1997

Thompson, Leonard A History of South Africa, Yale University Press, USA, 2001

Warden, Brian The Making of Modern South Africa ( 3rd Edition), Blackwell Publishers,
Oxford, 2000

Hope it helps!!!!
Any other probs, m,y email is
meg131084@yahoo.com.au

Nightshade

Pain in the ass
HSC
LoL Megan, I was thinking, "This chick has talked about it exactly the same way McMahon was talking about it... Is this how everyone does it??"

bTW south Africa sux. just hope we get a q on the ANC and the q we did for out speech will go a long way.

Her are a couple more:
GREAT EXTENT
- Those in the Bantustans in the late 80s were escaping to the borderline countries to join the ANC
- The front on which SA was fighting on was growing, hence, if a war was to culiminate, SA would be in trouble
- Dont forget that these borderline states were once friends, so as decolonisation went on, SA started to lose some of its most important allies, thus:
* SA had less to export to in Africa
* SA had no other countries from which to import from
both hindering SA ecomically.

SMALL EXTENT
- None that i can make up right now.

Megsy387

Is this simon?????

Sa may suck, but at least it beats Russia :).

anc would be ok, or economic sanctions. Fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)