New HSC Modern History Structure? (1 Viewer)

Meepo

HSC
I was told Modern History hsc now 5-7 multiple choice on WW1, short answered and extended? Does anyone know the actual structure?

Thanks

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It was never purely extended responses... it had some short answers and a few extended responses.

But multiple choice? GAH! Did you hear whether they'll be implementing this year or next year?

Last edited:

0hNivlek

HSC
I heard all the histories will be getting multiple choice too. I don't think it's this year though since we should've been notified if the structure was changed. :confused:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Ah, thank the heavens there's no multiple choice for this year ^^

definitely not this year. but i heard they are going to make the MC extremely difficult.
How do you make history difficult? Do you mean they're going to make us write about a really random and insiginificant time period or something?

jellybelly59

HSC
How do you make history difficult? Do you mean they're going to make us write about a really random and insiginificant time period or something?
LOL umm... from what i hear from some of the teachers i know they say they'll attempt to make it difficult by making answers seem relatively similar but in the end there will be a better answer but I guess that's the same with all MC.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
LOL umm... from what i hear from some of the teachers i know they say they'll attempt to make it difficult by making answers seem relatively similar but in the end there will be a better answer but I guess that's the same with all MC.
Oh i see XD

I wish them luck with making "hard" multiple choice questions lol.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I can only see the MC questions testing you out on World War One and perhaps to a lesser extent (speculating here), historiographical issues. That's unless there's a major overhaul with how Modern History is going to be structured!

el gwapo

HSC
when I did the first page of the exam, the World War I options... to be honest it was a farce wherein I did it inside a minute. Placing less emphasis on the extended responses is actually a good thing - from my amateur educational opinion anyway

spoonbender

HSC
If it's multiple choice replacing something else: you lucky bastards.
If it's multiple choice on top of everything else: yay for us :p

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is 5 - 10 multiple choice and some short answers replacing Parts 1 and 2 of the Core in Modern.

So the easy questions and the sources and own knowledge questions will be source based mulitple choice and short answers.

How many MC there will be will depend on the actual sources.

One year there might be 5 MC and the next 10 and the next 8 for instance.

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
I found this on the Board of Studies website... In the in Summary Specifications and Assessment Requirements from 2010. Other sections seem unchanged.

And same goes for Ancient History - Section I: Cities of Vesuvius - Pompeii and Herculaneum

Section I – Core

Part A
Source-based objective response and short-answer questions to the value of 15 marks, including from 5 to 10 objective response questions​

Part B
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]– A source-based question to the value of 10 marks [/FONT]​

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/exam-changes/pdf_doc/modern-history.pdf

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)