Modern History Trial = Killer or not. Someone soothe my stressed cranium ! (1 Viewer)

sashisquidlips

HSC
:)
a hoi hoi

I've got my trial tomorrow.
I've studied, but I feel like projectile vomiting at the idea of my teacher dropping a horrible choice of questions for the essay about something specific that I can't talk about for a few pages.

Also, our school didn't have half yearlys and I haven't had a history exam in 10 months, so I'm a bit rusty. eeep !

My topics are

The core study - World War One
Russia and the Soviet Union - 1917 - 1941
Personality Study - Leon Trotsky
Conflict in Europe 1935 - 1945

Can anyone please post their past essay questions if they concern my topics.
Should I be worrying? Or is it just a trial and it's not important in the scheme of things yada yada yada

thanking you :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
At least you've studied! I'm still recovering from chem...

OOo you're doing the same topics i am minus Conflict in Europe. If you want some papers, try last year's HSC paper: 2008 HSC Exam Papers - M to P - Board of Studies NSW

Trials = the one thing you should be caring about right now. It's pretty important if you want a decent ATAR...

Good luck with studying! I'll be off now to cram as well :)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I'm doing the same topics as you bar Conflict in Europe. Mine is tomorrow aswell so i'm guessing you're doing the CSSA as well? Hope you go well 3 hours of essaying :O

sashisquidlips

HSC
thanks annabackwards !

eeeeeee i know i should care about this exam, but I'm doubting that Modern will be counted in my ATAR.

all the best guys :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It's today.

I'm preparing myself to get absolutely pwned... so scared about what they're going to ask for the Cold War option :S

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
had it today. how'd we all go?

please dont be specific on the contents as two people in my class aren't doing it til next week and they lurk these boards.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
Oh i see. I did fine for most of them although i may have screwed up the Cold War War question that my teacher gave to us (not the CSSA question) ><"

How about everyone else?

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Trial was ok, WWI section was a peace of cake, although i spent like 10 mins on the very first question for some reason lmao...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Trial was ok, WWI section was a peace of cake, although i spent like 10 mins on the very first question for some reason lmao...
Yeah, they gave us lots of lines so i wondered if i should write some more XD

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
I was so stressed wandering if some hopelessly obscure question would appear but it was surprisingly easy a bit like chem yesterday too, have they lost their touch? Then again I shouldnt talk i havent seen my marks yet lol

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
i found that 1st question unusually hard too, it was almost like an english exam question, especially with such an strange source.
i forgot all my historian quotes for the Cold War and Trotsky!

JessicaCaroline

HSC
yeah, i don't know whether i had 'two' answer for question one, i kind of just wrote one sentence. that was hard.. what was the answer?

E

Empyrean444

Trial was fine overall - except the personality section was shocking.

spoonbender

HSC
My best parts were probably National Study and Personality Study, but they still weren't that great. I didn't include one historian in my National study and I included a lot of irrelevant information in my personality study. I only say 'best' because they were better than my Conflict and WWI sections, they were absolutely SHOCKING. I just hope I can alright-ish marks in National and Personality to compensate for the other two.

In terms of the questions though, it was an awesome paper :D If only I had studied a bit better I might have done better.

anom1ly

HSC
Trial was fine overall - except the personality section was shocking.
most people in my class said the same thing. im not sure if i did it correctly, coz it seemed straight forward enough to me. i had more trouble with arab israeli. we hadnt covered enough content to do either option justice.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
most people in my class said the same thing. im not sure if i did it correctly, coz it seemed straight forward enough to me. i had more trouble with arab israeli. we hadnt covered enough content to do either option justice.
Yeah, part b of the Personality study required heavy quotage, so if u didn't have quotes you were pretty much farked for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)