Help PLease!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

vshaf22

HSC
Hey I've got a Modern speech due in a few hours and I'm a little bit stuck. So please, If you can, HELP!!!!

I have to do source analysis, so I've chose an extract from a speech of Nelson Mandela's and so I think it's a primary source, but then I found out that its been published in his autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" which would make it asecondary source...right??? or does the speech extract remain primary and it's just publihsed in a secondary source????

lol so please tell me what source it is!!!!!!!!! :)

jessjackowski

HSC
just make sure you acknowledge the fact that you got the extract from his autobiography, and that it was not from the original speech given...if you get me? so like you said, even though it is from his autobiography, it is STILL a primary source, but just acknowledge the fact that this particular extract was taken from a later date, rather than from the date of the original speech

cassie62442

Mischief Managed
HSC
Haha Vanessa.....last minute PIP work? I finished mine last night, now to do the essay part :(
And I agree with the above posts- you should put "Quoted in 'A Long Walk to Freedom'.......etc to show that you got it from the book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)