The full mark response. (1 Viewer)

Cloesd

HSC
How important are these factors in the full mark response:

-The presence of accurate dates

-The presnce of quotes from historians

-An argument, or a new idea about the question being asked.

They are all important, but How important in relation to each other are they?

anom1ly

HSC
full mark response? surely you must be kidding. i have only heard rumours about those. never seen one myself though.

Cloesd

HSC
full mark response? surely you must be kidding. i have only heard rumours about those. never seen one myself though.
They must surely exist somewhere!

But hypothetically... What would define with elusive beast?

anom1ly

HSC
no idea man. writing an essay open book, with plenty of time, im told that im just off a band 6. surely there must be some uber pro mod history kids here somewhere

murphyad

HSC
-The presence of accurate dates
Not so much. Year + month is generally enough. Although BOS don't really care so much if you can't remember the date; they're focussed more on knowledge application. Importance rating: 2/10

-The presnce of quotes from historians
Reasonably. Basically they show that you've considered alternating perspectives (syllabus requirement). Plus be sure to integrate them: don't just say, "Johnny Kittenhuffer says Proposition X", say "Johnny Kittenhuffer's analysis of the role of proposition X in....blah blah......demonstrates the influence of Proposition Y". Basically use quotes to further your argument if you're going to use them - which you should. 2-3 in an entire essay usually does the trick. Importance rating: 5/10, higher if used well

-An argument, or a new idea about the question being asked.
Ultra important. Make judgements regarding the question in each and every paragraph. Importance rating: 11/10

Hope this helps :)

Cloesd

HSC
Not so much. Year + month is generally enough. Although BOS don't really care so much if you can't remember the date; they're focussed more on knowledge application. Importance rating: 2/10

Reasonably. Basically they show that you've considered alternating perspectives (syllabus requirement). Plus be sure to integrate them: don't just say, "Johnny Kittenhuffer says Proposition X", say "Johnny Kittenhuffer's analysis of the role of proposition X in....blah blah......demonstrates the influence of Proposition Y". Basically use quotes to further your argument if you're going to use them - which you should. 2-3 in an entire essay usually does the trick. Importance rating: 5/10, higher if used well

Ultra important. Make judgements regarding the question in each and every paragraph. Importance rating: 11/10

Hope this helps :)
awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)