Your Picks for MH questions for 09 paper (1 Viewer)

hugh789

HSC
Here are my guesses on the questions were likley to get

WW1: impact of the war on women in britain (part 1)
The Big Three Leaders (part 2)

Russia: Impact of collectivisation and industrialisation

Conflict in the Pacific: reasons for the A bomb, or something to do with the causes of the war growth fo tension etcc..

Thoughts.. what do you guys think

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
No impact of the war on British women, unless it's part 1 please lol.

WW1 - Soldiers' experience on homefront, affect of America's entry into the war or the Spring Offensive/Allied Counter Offensive.

Russia - Industrialisation/collectivisation or Bolshevik consolidation of power.

Cold War - Impact of Truman Doctrine, extent to which it was a war based on idealogy or the significance of summits/treaties.

kelllly

HSC
WW1: impact of the war on women in britain (part 1)
The Big Three Leaders (part 2)

Conflict in the Pacific: reasons for the A bomb, or something to do with the causes of the war growth fo tension etcc..
WW1 - affect of America's entry into the war or the Spring Offensive/Allied Counter Offensive.
I agree.

WWI: Allied Victory - events leading to the Armistice, 1918?
Germany: Influence of the German army
Conflict in the Pacific: Impact of the war on the home fronts of Japan and Australia

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
They're due for a question on something to do with growth of Pacific tensions for Conflict in the Pacific (question hasn't been asked since 2004). I'm going to take a stab and say it may have something to do with the lead up to the bombing of Pearl Harbour and the actual bombing. Second question? Home fronts maybe?
I have a gut feeling we're going to get a growth of Pacific tensions question.

As for Germany, no idea. I fear they'll ask something about the Weimar Republic. I'll never forgive the Board of Studies if they do that. I wouldn't mind if they just gave us a fairly straightforward impact of Nazism on the German population sort of question.

Stompy11

HSC
ww1- impact on women
germany- impact of depression / racism in nazi
Speer- rise to prominence/ interpretations of speer
ww2- appeasement / reasons for allied victory

please lol

JB10

HSC
WWI - The affects of Total War and The Role of Women

Germany - If they ask 1 on Weimar and 1 on Nazi Germany I think the questions will be:
Was Germany a Totalitarian state?
Account for the successes and failures of the Weimar Republic.

If they ask both on Nazi Germany I think they will be:
Was Germany a Totalitarian state?
Assess the foreign policy of the NSDAP party.

Indochina - Something about the Tet Offensive and something about the rise of the Khmer Rouge would be my guess.

(Haven't studied at all for Indochina damnit. Finishing off my other 3 topics tomorrow and I'll get into Indochina on Saturday)

jellybelly59

HSC
WWI - The affects of Total War and The effect of new technology in breaking the stalemate

Germany - Militarism and Foreign Policy lol you know at the Germany lectures Ken webb slipped us what might be the question this yr :p

Indochina - Affect of American intervention/impact on civilians/ tet

OR

for khmer rouge something about tactics and stuff like that and the effects of KR on cambodian community.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
why? it's the easiest part in all of germany.
I actually find it the most difficult part to comprehend. I understand the rest of the topic fairly well but no matter how much I study I cannot fully grasp the Weimar Republic section of the topic.
A lot of people I know find it to be the easiest part of the topic.
I may just be one of the few that doesn't understand it I suppose.
I'm going to try my best this weekend to finally understand it but if not then I guess that's life.

Liyo

HSC
I think it might be A bomb too, haven't seen a lot of questions on it. ><

ah.sport

HSC
N/A
No impact of the war on British women, unless it's part 1 please lol.

WW1 - Soldiers' experience on homefront, affect of America's entry into the war or the Spring Offensive/Allied Counter Offensive.

Russia - Industrialisation/collectivisation or Bolshevik consolidation of power.

Cold War - Impact of Truman Doctrine, extent to which it was a war based on idealogy or the significance of summits/treaties.
looking at trends from past papers, unlikely to ask about this for the cold war. gunning on arms race, reagan and ending the cold war + significance of one event, eg berlin

Katherwin

HSC
Germany- Something to do with the army or maybe something about oppisition to Nazism.

Indo-China- I would love a question on the Tet offensive, maybe something on Pol Pot- Khmer Rouge.

I just hope I dont get all questions that I dont understand at all.

sheizaminelli

HSC
influence of the army for Germany
WW1: total war or something from the 'home fronts' section

sj1990

HSC
This is probably wrong, but today I looked up all the past questions for my topics and then put them against the syllabus to see which dot point hasn't been used yet... or the least... anyway, here's what I have (just for National/International studies...)

Russia

1 Bolshevik consolidation of power
- significance of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk (hasn't been asked once)
- the NEP (last used 2002)

2 Stalin's rise to power
- power struggle between Trotsky and Stalin and its immediate aftermath (this question is usually seen in the Trotsky personality section, however, the last time a question on this point in section II was in 2004)
- reasons for the triumph of Stalin as leader of the USSR (hasn't been asked before - once again, usually in personality section)

3 The Soviet State under Stalin
- Stalin's role in the Soviet state (not specifically asked, however implied in previous exams)
- Stalin as totalitarianism (last used in 2003)
- impact of purges, show trials and 'the Terror' on the Communist Party and Soviet society (not mentioned once in any prior exams)

My picks for Russia:
a) the impacts of the NEP on Bolshevik consolidation of power.
b) Access the role of Stalin in the establishment of a totalitarian society in the USSR.

Cold War

1 Origins of the Cold War 1945 - 1953
- 1945 conferences and the emergence of the superpowers (hasn't been used once)
- impact of the early crises: the Berlin blockade and airlift, China becoming comminist in 1949 and the Korean War (Berlin blockade and China haven't been used one, however, there have been questions where you get to pick your own crisis)

2 Development of the Cold War to 1968
- policy of containment, domino theory and the emergence of peaceful coexistence (never used)
- nature and impact of cries: Berlin Wall 1961, Cuba 1962, Czechoslovakia 1968 (none have been specifically asked. Last implied in a question in 2001)

3 Detente
- economic and political reasons for detente (never picked)
- geopolitical developments: Vietnam, Sino-Soviet split, the Middle East (never picked)

4 Renewal and end of the Cold War
- US attitudes and policies under Reagan (always ask USSR views, never US - maybe this year?)
- disarmament agreements 1987 - 1991 (never picked)
- collapse of communism in Eastern Europe and the USSR (never picked)

My picks for Cold War:
a) Assess the impact on (either Berlin, China, or Korea) on the development of the Cold War during the period of 1945 to 1953.
b) How did the US attitudes and policies under Reagan spark a renewal of the Cold War/the end of the Cold War?

I do think they may ask for a specific crises, and though I'm inclined to think its 1945 to 1953, knowing my luck it will be between 61 to 68.

Feel free to dispute...

jassono

HSC
This is probably wrong, but today I looked up all the past questions for my topics and then put them against the syllabus to see which dot point hasn't been used yet... or the least... anyway, here's what I have (just for National/International studies...)

Russia

1 Bolshevik consolidation of power
- significance of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk (hasn't been asked once)
- the NEP (last used 2002)

2 Stalin's rise to power
- power struggle between Trotsky and Stalin and its immediate aftermath (this question is usually seen in the Trotsky personality section, however, the last time a question on this point in section II was in 2004)
- reasons for the triumph of Stalin as leader of the USSR (hasn't been asked before - once again, usually in personality section)

3 The Soviet State under Stalin
- Stalin's role in the Soviet state (not specifically asked, however implied in previous exams)
- Stalin as totalitarianism (last used in 2003)
- impact of purges, show trials and 'the Terror' on the Communist Party and Soviet society (not mentioned once in any prior exams)

My picks for Russia:
a) the impacts of the NEP on Bolshevik consolidation of power.
b) Access the role of Stalin in the establishment of a totalitarian society in the USSR.

Wow this is really thorough of you thanks
I do Russia too, and I asked in the national studies section, whether its fair to assume itll be a choice between, a sort of pre stalin/bols/lenin question and a stalin question-and your suggestions seems pretty good. I hope theres the option for a bolshevik WC NEP question, Im not so good at Stalin :p

sj1990

HSC
Thanks! Yeh, I'm hoping for an NEP question too, even if they branched out into the civil war. I think that's most likely, as
- 2008 was on leadership conflict and differing visions + stalin's five yr plans
- 2007 was on communism in theory and practice + impact of stalinism on society, culture & economy
- 2006 was on civil war/ war communism + impact of stalinism (impact was on in 3 consecutive yrs 07,06,05 so I think they'll give it a rest for a bit)

Though I have to admit my pick is also based on the fact NEP seems so lonely and rejected, that I wanted it to be included :p

Fingers crossed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)