Germany D: (1 Viewer)

waryap

HSC
I don't know about the rest of you BoS'ers but after reading about Germany during the 20th century you can't help but feel sorry for them rather than hating them. I pretty sure most were scared because if they opposed the right-wing people they probably would've been killed on the spot. If you were the man of the family you had to work alongside these tyrannical leaders otherwise they'd kill you and your family. Terrible isnt it?

What are your thoughts on the matter?

nevery

HSC
I agree very much. It's easy if you don't undersatnd the period that out of ignorance one would hate and question the Germans that they were all Nazis and Jew-haters.

The reality is that I also feel sorry for their bad luck that they had leaders like Adolf Hitler and the misfortune of being treated very badly by the Treaty of Versailles. Nowdays, most Germans have moved on, although to the older generations this can still be a touchy subject to talk to them about.

A German exchange student came to our school last year, and he said that they teach both world wars very well in Germany, and from the younger generations it's kind of like starting afresh at the moment. It's good to see we're moving on from that terribe period.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I agree very much. It's easy if you don't undersatnd the period that out of ignorance one would hate and question the Germans that they were all Nazis and Jew-haters.

The reality is that I also feel sorry for their bad luck that they had leaders like Adolf Hitler and the misfortune of being treated very badly by the Treaty of Versailles. Nowdays, most Germans have moved on, although to the older generations this can still be a touchy subject to talk to them about.

A German exchange student came to our school last year, and he said that they teach both world wars very well in Germany, and from the younger generations it's kind of like starting afresh at the moment. It's good to see we're moving on from that terribe period.
Bad luck or bad judgement from the people who supported Hitler and gave him the power base from which to operate.

Sure he never won a majority of seats in the Reichstag but the Nazis were the largest party and that only happens with the support of a heck of a lot of Germans - bad judgement by those Germans had a lot to do with it.

nevery

HSC
Bad luck or bad judgement from the people who supported Hitler and gave him the power base from which to operate.

Sure he never won a majority of seats in the Reichstag but the Nazis were the largest party and that only happens with the support of a heck of a lot of Germans - bad judgement by those Germans had a lot to do with it.
A lot of people underestimated Hitler. A lot of him being able to come to power was their incompetence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)