Please help with total war essay (1 Viewer)

gizdonk2

HSC
Question is explain the impact of total war on the civilian populations of Britain and Germany. As I can see, there are two ways to do it.

1. a paragraph each for social, economic, political, talking about each of them

e.g., women could vote, conscription, leaders changed for political

2. a paragraph for role of women, attitudes towards war and living conditions, talking about how they are social, plolitical, economic.

e.g., women could vote, women had a higher position in society, women could earn money and strengthen economy.

PLS help in which way you think I should do it. Teacher said we need cause and effect of each impact. idk if I can say cause for social impact is this, I would have to say: caused social impact, which can be seen from the higher regard towards women

I know they both do the same, but is one better?

Smooth Operator

HSC
1st one in my opinion and hone in on the change of role of women in social issues. Just stick with the syllabus and make sure you mention and explain the causes and effects of some laws too e.g. DORA.

enoilgam

HSC
I'd probably opt for one as well - always go for the structure which is the easiest to follow and closest in line with the syllabus.

puneet98

HSC
The first one is good as u can incorporate the role of women in the social impact of total war

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Why bother, you'll never have to write an essay on WW1. Just stick to practicing source based questions

tigerian

HSC
N/A
They asked a reliability /usefulness question on total war not that long ago . I have a copy of it here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)