Time Allocation? (1 Viewer)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I was looking at the HSC exam papers and realized that we have to cover 4 different topics in 3 hours. 45 minutes seems fine for each section but for the personality section (Speer, Wilson etc) , you're required to do 2 essays. Are these essays supposed to be lesser in content compared to the international study or personality study? 2 full essays in 22.5 minutes seems kinda hard.

lastofus

HSC
You are absolutely not required to do 2 'full' essays for the Personality section. Part A is only 10 marks AND should be narrative and descriptive. This should take 15-16 minutes maximum and should be ~500 words. This is in contrast to Part B which is an evaluation question based on the legacy/impact the personality you have studied has had upon history. Remember to support your argument thoroughly with evidence/historiography. Also, it is 15 marks so it is basically a 'mini-essay' and should be ~750 words. It is recommended that you spend 30 minutes on this section. You don't have to follow the word limits I have mentioned, but it's just a general idea of how much you should be writing.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
That's everything I needed to know, thanks a lot! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)