Urgent help!!!!! Historiography (1 Viewer)

Modern

HSC
What do ur school teachers say about the use of historiography in National Studies and Section 4:COnflict in Indochina.

I know it is defintely compulsory for section 2 for ur personality part b question but Im not sure for these 2.
Our teachers told us not to put them in but reading through the exemplars in BOS they all seem to use them.
What did ur teachers say?

Modern

HSC
Also will you lose marks if you don't include them.

lastofus

HSC
Hi Modern,

You will not lose marks if you do not include historians. The purpose of historiography is to help support your judgement and argument. It helps with sustaining the points you've made. I know numerous people who did not use historiography in National Studies and Conflict that received top marks. The problem with historiography a lot of the time with students is that they tend to name drop because they think markers will be impressed. Do not fall into this trap. If you remember historians and quotes that are irrelevant to the question then do not use it.

So taking these into mind, let me reiterate. It is absolutely fine not to use any historiography in National Studies and Conflict. I would recommend using historiography to help sustain your argument. But remember, do not name drop or use evidence that is irrelevant to the question. I hope this clears things up. Good luck for Monday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)