Historical Investigation (1 Viewer)

Lilabear

HSC
Hi guys,

Any suggestions for what historical investigations i should do? I always struggle when the choices are so broad. I think we can do from late 1700's and upwards.

I've always been quite interested in the titanic, but not sure if if the event contributed a lot to history, if that makes any sense?

kendallkreene

HSC
Can you make up your own question? I wouldn't worry about the Titanic not contributing much to history if you can make up your own question.

I actually like it when it's broad because then you can narrow it down to what interests you.

Lilabear

HSC
Can you make up your own question? I wouldn't worry about the Titanic not contributing much to history if you can make up your own question.

I actually like it when it's broad because then you can narrow it down to what interests you.
Yep we can make up our own question. So much to chose from though and i'm super indecisive :(

Last edited:

Frostguard

HSC
Depends on what aspect you're interested in of the Titanic-
Say, if you're interested of what impact it had on future shop construction you could do - ' To what extent was the Titanic incident a significant factor/catalyst in the future construction of passenger ships ' yeah I don't really know about this one
Or if you're interested in marine discovery technologies - ' Assess the shipwreck of Titanic on the development in marine discovery technologies'
Yeah I don't really know, could you provide some more detail on what part of the Titanic that interests you? Maybe we can then create a question for you?

Lilabear

HSC
Depends on what aspect you're interested in of the Titanic-
Say, if you're interested of what impact it had on future shop construction you could do - ' To what extent was the Titanic incident a significant factor/catalyst in the future construction of passenger ships ' yeah I don't really know about this one
Or if you're interested in marine discovery technologies - ' Assess the shipwreck of Titanic on the development in marine discovery technologies'
Yeah I don't really know, could you provide some more detail on what part of the Titanic that interests you? Maybe we can then create a question for you?

I'm more interested in the people on the ship rather than the ships and marine technology...
I might not so the titanic then, since i don't really see this topic working out.

Lilabear

HSC
Hi, Lilabear

I had to do a historical investigation on a historical personality. Though i'm not sure if this fits the criteria for your assessment and its not related to the Titanic.

If you're interested, my independent Modern project was about the 28th President of the USA and my question was: [“It is the way an individual faces challenges that shapes them and their achievements.” - To what extent is this statement accurate in relation to the personality you have studied and their role in history?] I have an essay, Kahoot quiz and powerpoint that i put together, which i can give to if you'd like. I got a solid mark for my assessment, but my resources aren't perfect, however i reckon it could give you some idea of what you wanna do.
That would be great :) thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)