Urgent help with wording my title!!! (1 Viewer)

lolmichelle

HSC
:blink2:

Im currently doing my historical investigation for modern history. I am investigating whether or not the Final Solution (the genocide of the Jews during the Holocaust) was Intentionalist or Functionalist. I have all my info - I just wanted help making my title more broad and less term-heavy..

Just some info if youre not sure of the terms
Intentionalist - the idea that Hitler planned the murder of the Jews as part of Nazi ideology. It was his main "intention" to kill the Jews
Functionalist - the idea that Hitler did not plan the murder or the Jews, but instead was the "final resort" after faile attempts of removing Jews from Europe.

So right now, my topic is
"Assess whether or not The Final Solution was intentionalist or functionalist"
But for any wordsmiths out there, Im struggling to make this sound less clunky. I am only researchign the debate between the two historical schools - sO a topic lie "Assess the cause and effect of The Final solution" would be too broad. Just a simpler way of saying that im researching the historical debate between intentionalism and functinaism.

THANKS!!!!
;)

highshill

HSC
Maybe something like, (The final solution 'intentionalist or 'functionalist'?)
I will try to give you more ideas when I have the time.
Because I am a little busy right now sorry:smile:
But when is it due?

highshill

HSC
The historical debate of' intentionalist'or 'functionalist' towards the final solution

Frostguard

HSC
Hey it's you again! Nice to see that you're now confident on your topic but to be honest you would use 'assess' mainly by making a judgment of value, quality, outcomes, results or size and with your case you're dealing with two judgments which I can understand why it's hard to make a focus question. Personally my own investigation was 'Assess the effectiveness of Robespierre's policies towards foreign invaders during the Reign of Terror'. From what I've seen you use assess when trying to find out if something was useful/effective or ineffective/inefficient eg assessing the effectiveness of a law or policy. Like highshill said, with your case jut address it like a statement and then you could provide points on how the Final Solution was intentionalist or functionalist.

E.G Historians constantly debate whether the Final Solution is evidence of either Intentionalism or Functionalism. Discuss this statement.
Idk something like that but good luck with your investigation though and always make sure to refer back to the question by saying something like 'This therefore proves that the Holocaust was the ultimate goal of Nazi Germany or something like that then say However (insert reason for functionalism here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)