catholic trial (1 Viewer)

tweakin

Whatd you all think?
the sources were easy as....
germany questions fucked me around a bit..... our teacher said not to study weimar.... and i didnt have much knowledge about foreign policy.

sif not 99

lol dude the paper was simple or thats what I thought hoping for 95+

Germany was Farkin Basic, i did the collapse of Weimar stuff doin the "golden years", we only are up to 1933 so it was all good =)

and I did the containment question for the cold war that was nice couldnt have asked for a nicer question I reckon

and world war 1, well its what you always expect, nice and easy for those ex P & E ppl that the new hsc has to cater for.

Liked it, hope ancient is as nice tomoz

jenster

argh! i did terrible. i love history so much...
i only left 15 mins for the usa question (not the personality one) meh! no good, no good. i should drop out now!
WWI was cool, my arab-israeli was shite aswell though.

JEZ

Gotta Agree

Kifta I gotta agree big fella was pretty tough going with those two Leni q's geeeeeez I wrote some huge amount all up my hand was hurting like a bitch. German I reckon was pretty tough as well ............ oh and can someone tell me did they spell Fuhrer wrong in the Paper, I reckon they threw in an extra 'e' making it Fuehrer........ which according to my text book - is wrong !!!

philbert_frog

Sif: We didn't do the Catholic paper, we did a paper that Lovett wrote with other teachers...hence the NBHS heading on the front page....Lovett said she included the other topics just to make it "realistic".

Also she altered the Germany questions specifically for us - thats why both were on the period 1924-1933.

For those who don't know: P&E= People and Events (old course that was basically easy Modern History. Remnants of this course are the WW1 comprehension and the "describe" personality question)

Last edited:

GTR

HSC
The Leni Riefenstahl question was absolutely fucked. For the first one, i wrote half a bloody page. Not expecting to get more than 60%.

Thankyou Leni you fucking degenerate Nazi whore.

sif not 99

oh oops i thought she took most of the qs from the catholic paper though because it was all consistent you know, well the format of the paper there were all the other questions alongside ours, i think it was the catholic but il ask her

lucy

i could not have failed that exam more if i tried

did anyone else do the conflict in indochina area?

pol pot? why? WHY?!

JEZ

ya did Indochina............ but not the Cambodia question , thought that the South Vietanm question had soooooooooo much more stuff to write

lucy

yeh i did the VC question too.

but i knew nothing about the VC. did you just turn the argument around so you could talk about USA? that's all i know.

and i only wrote 4 pages. oh it was terrible.

JEZ

yeah just tunred it around and said that pretty much because of the effectiveness of the VC tactics and strategies, it forced the US to change their policy...... and because of that they withdrew, and South Government's collaspsed

flosh's gurl

cold war??

did anyone do the option on the cold war??? i cant find anyone who is doing it! personally i would have preferred to do indo china but hey.. also i have to say the germany questions were FUCKED!!! our teacher is soo crazy she has a tendancy to talk and teach the old syllabus not the new one!! i bombed out sooo bad! shit happens

philbert_frog

Re: cold war??

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
our teacher is soo crazy she has a tendancy to talk and teach the old syllabus not the new one!! i bombed out sooo bad! shit happens
hmm...thats not good at all, We've (Sif and I) have a mad teacher ('cept for all the shouting) who knows the syllabus backwards. For cold war the old and new syllabuses aren't that different (not that I know of anyway), except the dates really - just remember that the new syllabus only goes up to 1991.

Generally, the history syllabuses aren't that different I don't think - WW1 now includes Aftermath, and Cold War is shorter, & the National Studies revolve around different times, but its history - how much can it change!?!?!?

flosh's gurl

yeah i know that there isn't that much difference in the syllabus but she doesn't teach the old syllabus she just talks about what used to be in it. our class has pretty much had to teach ourselves history this year, and i only realised exactly how much is in it until i had to summarise the syllabus dot point by dot point for the trial. not that i helped me any way. she's just really old and semi retired. she only teaches our history class and an economics class
"if your going to walk on thin ice you might as well dance"

philbert_frog

Originally posted by flosh's gurl
she only teaches our history class and an economics class
wtf!!!!! how can a teacher teach both at the same time!!!!
I mean I can see history and geography cuz they tie in in the HSIE stage 5 syllabus' but c'mon how can one person be good at eco and history (teaching wise!)

well I guess you've already pointed out that she's crap @ modern - how is she with eco?

Basil84

Speer

hmmm, everyone seems to do the electives we don't do. We are doing Arab-Israeli, the question was ok, but they are always usually very broad, or very specific!! Can't there be an in between!?!? And yeah the WW1 was easy as! Felt like i was in yr 6 doing a comprehension on a book we read or something!!
Do u reckon the HSC will be harder or the same?
And in Germany, ALWAYS REMEMBER WEIMAR AND THE NAZI ERA!
Oh, and does anyone NOT do Leni??? Everyone at this lecture i went to at NSW Uni the other month, were wasking questions on Leni. Albert Speer is soo much more complex. i wish we did Leni.

schwang_thang

fuhrer/fuehrer

2 the person who got pissy over the spelling thing, here goes:

we normally spell it 'fuhrer' right? on top of the 'u' there r meant 2 b those 2 dot thingys...which means that its pronouced 'ue'

in the exam they spelt it 'fuehrer' cos i guess they were trying 2 b correct (otherwise they dont have the 2 dot icon thingy)

that was the german dude in my class was explaining 2 me neways. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)