Is is hard to transfer from UWS? (1 Viewer)

only_me

HSC
Just wondering how hard it would be to transfer out of UWS next year to another UNI (Australian Catholic Uni)? Is it based on how well I do this year, or my current UAI? UNI staff have told me that transfering is hard, especially externally, but I know of lots of people who ahve do it with no problems... Any thoughs?

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Speaking as someone who did transfer out of UWS to ACU, its pretty easy, and I don't even have a UAI, or at that stage a years worth of units. I'm pretty sure I got in with my STAT mark.

HSC
If you want to transfer to USyd or UNSW, it is very hard. Because UWS is seen as such a poor university, often USyd or UNSW disregards applicants from UWS.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
I just transfered out of UWS with one years worth units into Sydney, oh and I don't have a UAI.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
GoodSirLancelot said:
If you want to transfer to USyd or UNSW, it is very hard. Because UWS is seen as such a poor university, often USyd or UNSW disregards applicants from UWS.
No.

Transfer is dependant on your UAI and your GPA (Uni grades) combined which gives you a selection ranking out of 100. The higher the rank the higher chance you have at transfaerring. Usually you'll need a rank equal to (sometimes lower or higher) than the UAI requirement for the year of transfer.

ALso depending on what you want to transfer into and which instituion there will be other requirements such as a Personal Statement or STAT exams.

You will apply through UAC as if you would apply as a HSC student only instead your now a NRSL (Non-Recent School Leaver).

Do well at Uni and you'll have nothing to worry about. For more information regarding transfers go check out the Tertiary>General>Transfers forums section.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
Exactly. By the way this 50/50 rule dosen't always apply. The only place I have read it explicitly is under Law degrees in the UAC guide. Other Unis and faculties either go exclusively with one or another or use a different percentage mix. In other words, apply anyway. Refugees from UWS welcome.

choc-chip

HSC
GoodSirLancelot said:
Yeah, it'd be a good idea to get out of UWS as quickly as you can.
Hey guys! What's wrong UWS !? I reckon the students are alot more friendly there.

Oh btw, referring to topic, I can't answer whether it's hard or not, since it's really depends on what hav u been studying and also what are intending to study.
I have successfully tranfered from UWS to UNSW with a low UAI and a pass average. So yeh, I'm lucky.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
choc-chip said:
Hey guys! What's wrong UWS !? I reckon the students are alot more friendly there.

Oh btw, referring to topic, I can't answer whether it's hard or not, since it's really depends on what hav u been studying and also what are intending to study.
I have successfully tranfered from UWS to UNSW with a low UAI and a pass average. So yeh, I'm lucky.
You're right the students there are friendly. The main problem is its reputation. I mean for starters its location is unfortunate when it comes to appearences (Bankstown, Campbelltown, Blacktown, Parramatta, Penrith), It dosen't have the big famous alumni (as I think a lot of people transfer out before they graduate), and when trying to get professors and lecturers I think more than a few would take up a position at Syd, UNSW, or UTS if offered instead.

xypoo

HSC
Always worth giving it a try, i got into UNSW BCommerce from Latrobe ACN located in city, and i betcha no one even heard of that!
Good luck

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
D. said:
Bachelor of Scinece & Technology, University of Sydney.
Living on the edge between in and sanity- D. Caelum.
Yeap, USYD teaches me goot

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
That's right N after I except before D.
See that's why I transferred out of UWS, because they don't teach you to spell correctly.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i got an extremely poor UAI and JUST got into UWS...

1st semester GPA = 4.6
2nd semester GPA = 5.something

overall GPA = 5.00

current course: B Arts and Sciences @ USYD

transferred through UAC

wasnt too hard imo, but yeah just get a fairly decent GPA and your set

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
I'm so glad that Victorian unis teach us how to pick out grammatical errors and ignore the fact that it was simply a minor typo made by a person who is obviously literate. Thus allowing us to make an extremely witty yet pointless remark. [/extreme wit]

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It also teaches you how to maintain the angst and anger with and without the massive pole.

Great work mate, perhaps you could try to be a bit quicker next time :)

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the tip mate. I just wish I didn't have better things to do so that I could be on the constant look out for new posts. *sigh*

spillargroove

HSC
The difficulty depends on the course you are doing. Of course you need to do well and achieve the highest you can but you should also involve yourself other social activities because it could get you over the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)