'06 Transfer Candidates Post Here (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Just wondering what people are trying to transfer into, what uni you go to and what your UAI and GPA are.

Uni: USYD
Old degree: B Economic and Social Sciences
UAI: 92.75
GPA: 6.03 = selection rank of 96
NRSL index (50% GPA 50% selection rank): 94.375 (hopefully rounded up to 94.4:p)

UAC preferences:

1) Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) at University of Sydney

2) Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney

3) Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at University of Sydney (prob won't accept if I get it)

This will be my second year trying to transfer. I really hate the low intake of Com (lib) students each year. It's almost a lottery to see who'll get in. 2 years ago I would've needed a sub-5.50 GPA to get in with my UAI. Last year it was impossible for me to get in with my UAI.
This year...we'll have to wait and see. I'm hoping the popularity of the course will fall, as there's a similar one launched at UNSW this year. However, I can also imagine people hating the new Commerce degree (with its 12prereqs and trying to get into com (lib) instead)

I don't mind doing B Com either, it's just that one second year unit scares me .Plus I'm not that interested in doing the INFS subject, or a few of the crappy government and business (or whatever) ones. And both B Com and B Com (lib) will still let me graduate in 08.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ahh good luck stazi with that man

as for me
Uni: UNSW
Old degree: B Environmental Science
UAI 79.85
GPA: 4.43
NRSL index: roughly 82.50

UAI preferences:
1. B applied chemistry in forensic science at UTS

2. B biomedical science in forensic biology at UTS

3. B Biomedical science at UTS

still have some hope as the uai for forensic science (chem) dropped by almost 6 points, so if that trend continues, along with my personal statement, should make it in relatively comfortably.

hopefully ill get in to either forensic courses but preferably the chemistry one.

Chris.

HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
UAI 79.85
i thought u got like 99.99%

anyway i hope to get into diagnostic radiography so i dont have to do the trouble of transferring. Does anyone think transferring from radiation therapy to diagnostic radiography worth the trouble?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i don't think i will. if i get into b commerce i'll do:
ACCT1001
ECON1001
ECOF3001 or INFS1001
MKTG...

And if I get into b com (lib studies) I'll prob do that ibus subject :eek:

LostAuzzie

HSC
Uni: USYD
Old Degree: B Sci Advanced
UAI: 96.85
GPA: 6.15
NRSL Index: 95.9

UAC Preferences:
1) B Applied Chemistry in Forensic Science at UTS

2) B Applied Chemistry at UTS

If I dont get the first preference i'll definitely get the second one

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lostauzzie, youre in competition with azngangsta. fight.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
How do you calculate GPA (if you're in Economics and Business, not Science)? And what's selection rank (the thing stazi wrote beside his gpa)

hmm i didn't know AUS uses GPA too, thought it was usually for ppl in canada/america

maka

HSC
hey just a question, my mate Laurie is trying to get a UTS transfer to BBus/LLB from BBus.

His marks are as below:
UAI- 93-94
GPA- 5.4

What NRSL mark is necessary (or assumption from previous years).

Hes really stressed thats all

SweetSeasons

HSC
maka said:
hey just a question, my mate Laurie is trying to get a UTS transfer to BBus/LLB from BBus.

His marks are as below:
UAI- 93-94
GPA- 5.4

I think with most uni's internal transfers are easier.. n they generaly use an above credit average GPA as a transfer

dr3amy

Im really confused about the whole process of calculating NRSL (the combination of GPA and uai) so can someone calculate mine for me?! Thanks!!!

UAI: 98.1
average of 2 semester's results: 81.5 (all subjects are 3 credit points)

Do you guys think i would make the transfer to unsw commerce/law (im currently in maq law), the website's saying "a uai of 97 and a credit to distinction average would be competitive" the word "competitive" is a bit ambiguous! Does anyone know the NRSL for comm/law at UNSW???

stazi

Nightman
HSC
maka said:

His marks are as below:
UAI- 93-94
GPA- 5.4

It varies from year to year, but I assume he'd need something like a 6.0 GPA or above. Has he submitted a personal letter or whatever it's called?

dr3amy_pisc3an said:
Im really confused about the whole process of calculating NRSL (the combination of GPA and uai) so can someone calculate mine for me?! Thanks!!!

UAI: 98.1
average of 2 semester's results: 81.5 (all subjects are 3 credit points)

Do you guys think i would make the transfer to unsw commerce/law (im currently in maq law), the website's saying "a uai of 97 and a credit to distinction average would be competitive" the word "competitive" is a bit ambiguous! Does anyone know the NRSL for comm/law at UNSW???
You gave us your WAM, not your GPA. Generally speaking, you'd need a UAI of around 96 and a 6.0+GPA to get into law at USYD. I presume UNSW is similar.

Check out the sticky by frigid. It explains everything about calculating your NRSL rank.

maka

HSC
Stazi, thanks for your help.

No he didnt submit a personal application/essay thing i dont think. The funny thing is that his WAM is so much better than his GPA (D v C)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes, that's often the case. you tend to see more borderline marks (73/74s) rather than 75s

sarevok

HSC
dr3amy_pisc3an said:
With those marks, you would have been in this year (I'm guessing with that WAM your GPA would be pretty decent). In fact, I can estimate that the NRSL for UNSW Law this year was somewhere between 95 to 95.5 (based on what I've been hearing), which is pretty low...I think it dropped a quite a bit this year (I think Usyd Law dropped a lot too as well -- I think someone here said 96.12 -- which is pretty low for Usyd..I'd heard before that you'd need 97). Dunno if you'll have the same luck next year though; I guess the NRSLS prob fluctuate quite a bit.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Current degree: B Social Science/B Laws - UWS
UAI 94.0
GPA: 5.125 (1 HD, 6 C's, 1 P) Do they weight the marks depending on subject?
Needed GPA: Unknown
UAC preferences:
1. B Arts/ Laws - USYD (unlikely but there for good measure).
2. B Social Science (Criminology)/ B Laws - UNSW (unlikely but there for good measure).
3. B Arts/ Laws - Macquarie
4. B Laws - UTS
(other courses to fill in the spaces)

gorgo31

HSC
Current Course: B Creative Arts at University of Melbourne

2005 UAI: 98.55

GPA: 7

WAM: 85

UAC Preference: B Arts / B Laws at University of Sydney

Internal Transfer Preference: B Creative Arts / B Laws at University of Melbourne

My GPA is deceptive, because University of Melbourne doesn't use HD, D or C. Instead, it uses the honours grading system for all undergraduates: H1, H2A, H2B, H3. I'm treating an H1 = HD, even though an H1 = 80+ at University of Melbourne. Fuck knows how UAC is going to convert my results. They told me they had a procedure but refused to tell me what it was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)