2009 transfers (1 Viewer)

lover189

HSC
anyone transferring in 2009?
im hoping for a hecs place for unsw combined law
i applied to uac and just on the univ studies bit wrote 1.0 year of bach degree completed. does this mean they know i am a nrsl?
gpa- 6.0
uai 2008 98.85
have no idea what nrsl i would be.. do they tell me or do i just work it out?

piitb

HSC
means u didnt do HSC this year and/or did not commence any other post HSC studies sice finishing the HSC

so yes u are a NRSL.

each uni treats NRSL's differently some take 50/50 UAI/GPA, but most just take GPA's.

spence

HSC
Transferring to USyd Arts.
UAI - 89.20
GPA - 5.625
NRSL - 91.10 (according to SCU conversion table)

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
lover189 said:
i applied to uac and just on the univ studies bit wrote 1.0 year of bach degree completed. does this mean they know i am a nrsl?
gpa- 6.0
uai 2008 98.85
Yes they know if you applied as a non-school leaver (which you would of) and if you wrote 1.0 FTE then you are NSRL and with your marks you should be a dead-lock to get in :)

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
lover189 said:
gpa- 6.0
uai 2008 98.85
Nice!

im going from usyd meco to usyd or unsw combined law

uai 98.15
gpa 5.75

im not goin to make it am i. Fucking got two 74's as well=(

spence

HSC
mrated96 said:
Nice!

uai 98.15
gpa 5.75

That gives you a nrsl of a bit over 96, which i thought was enough to be competitive, but i'm not really sure

piitb

HSC
mrated96 said:
Nice!

uai 98.15
gpa 5.75

i think you'll make it. remember that is only an index for SCU not any other university.

HSC
piitb said:
i think you'll make it. remember that is only an index for SCU not any other university.
Someone on the forum i think emailed some of the unis and they've all said that the index is pretty much identical to the one published by SCU.

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
well hopefully the cut-offs will go down due to DFEE being cut. but a NRSL "index" of 96.075 gives me little hope of sydney law right? UNSW law maybe if im lucky...

good luck to everyone transferring

CurlyRuby

HSC
My uai was 98.7, gpa of 6- hoping to transfer into law at usyd. Hopefully I have a decent shot.

tmavg

HSC
the credit for units thing u hope to get at another uni is so confusing man

08er

HSC
CurlyRuby, your uai is well above their recommended one and you are sitting comfortably on a distinction average so you should be able to get in with ease. My friend had very similar results and made it to unsw law

ewasemma

HSC
Hi there i want to do veterinary science and i know i wont get the mark to get straight in. I was thinking of doing either bachelor of animal and veterinary bioscience or a bach of science then transferring after first year. Can someone please help me and tell me exactly what i need to do to get in after first year? Including gpa, work experience, stat etc. Thanks

08er

HSC
all that can be found on usyd's vet science website

piitb

HSC
ewasemma said:
Hi there i want to do veterinary science and i know i wont get the mark to get straight in. I was thinking of doing either bachelor of animal and veterinary bioscience or a bach of science then transferring after first year. Can someone please help me and tell me exactly what i need to do to get in after first year? Including gpa, work experience, stat etc. Thanks

depends on which uni, some only take into account GPA

other unis will take into account UAI/GPA/Stat/work experience/interview

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
kevinx2 said:
Someone on the forum i think emailed some of the unis and they've all said that the index is pretty much identical to the one published by SCU.
update on this: i talked to dude whose in charge of admissions at syd u info day; the SCU conversion tables are out of date... he kind of showed me the new one vaguely...
I got a heap of info actually including some stuff about last years law transfers and expected transfer cut-offs this year if any one wants to know. I cant be effed typing it out unless somebody cares

HSC
mrated96 said:
update on this: i talked to dude whose in charge of admissions at syd u info day; the SCU conversion tables are out of date... he kind of showed me the new one vaguely...
I got a heap of info actually including some stuff about last years law transfers and expected transfer cut-offs this year if any one wants to know. I cant be effed typing it out unless somebody cares
Ohh, is the new one a lot different from the old SCU? Or is it still somewhat similar?

Cheers.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
my gpa was around 5.5 i am going to apply for courses with UAI of 99+ for an experiment

i really think that SCU conversion is under-rated.

they say a gpa of 5.5 is only worth 94? i think they actually rate it more than that

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
rcr4fags said:
my gpa was around 5.5 i am going to apply for courses with UAI of 99+ for an experiment

i really think that SCU conversion is under-rated.

they say a gpa of 5.5 is only worth 94? i think they actually rate it more than that
I thought that a GPA of 5.5 is worth even less, around 93 or so. *sigh* Fingers crossed a GPA of 5.5 can get you an offer.

nmsahib

HSC
mrated96 said:
what were the last year cut offs and expected cut offs for law? and how have the tables changed? thnx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)