What are my chances (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
Hi,

I wrote the HSC in 2009. I achieved an adjusted entry UAI/ATAR (with 4 bonus points) of 91.95. I have completed 4 subjects (with 2 more) which is still less than ONE year of full time study with 2 P's and 1 C so far and 1 F. I am also eligible for Special Consideration under the Broadway access scheme- USYD, Special Admissions Scheme, UTS etc. I have also had 8 months work experience and have a statement of service to provide to UAC. I was wondering what my chances are of being accepted into the following courses.

Course preference table
Pref no. Course code Course description
1 511510 Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) at University of Sydney
2 424011 Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) at UNSW
3 511530 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Arts at University of Sydney
4 511504 Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney
5 424000 Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW
6 601030 Bachelor of Business at University of Technology, Sydney
7 601035 Bachelor of Business at University of Technology, Sydney
8 601045 Bachelor of Business at University of Technology, Sydney
9 300210 Bachelor of Commerce at Macquarie University

Thanks sooo much. Any assistance on this matter is IMMENSELY appreciated.

Brad:read:

brad616

HSC
hi,

i wrote the hsc in 2009. I achieved an adjusted entry uai/atar (with 4 bonus points) of 91.95. I have completed 4 subjects (with 2 more) which is still less than one year of full time study with 2 p's and 1 c so far and 1 f. I am also eligible for special consideration under the broadway access scheme- usyd, special admissions scheme, uts etc. I have also had 8 months work experience and have a statement of service to provide to uac. I was wondering what my chances are of being accepted into the following courses.

Course preference table
pref no. Course code course description
1 511510 bachelor of commerce (liberal studies) at university of sydney
2 424011 bachelor of commerce (liberal studies) at unsw
3 511530 bachelor of commerce/bachelor of arts at university of sydney
4 511504 bachelor of commerce at university of sydney
5 424000 bachelor of commerce at unsw
6 601030 bachelor of business at university of technology, sydney
7 601035 bachelor of business at university of technology, sydney
8 601045 bachelor of business at university of technology, sydney
9 300210 bachelor of commerce at macquarie university

thanks sooo much. Any assistance on this matter is immensely appreciated.

Brad:read:
please please please help

Andi0390

HSC
I have no idea what you are going on about.

You did the HSC in 2009 but already have university subjects?

Please write your question clearly if you want it to be answered.

brad616

HSC

I am sorry I meant I wrote the HSC in 2008, LAST YEAR!!

brad616

HSC

My question was clear I just wrote 2009 by accident instead of 2008.

Andi0390

HSC
It should be pretty easy for you to work out yourself. Your GPA will not be taken into consideration, so it will just be based on your UAI and whatever else you use to get in. There is a .pdf in the stickies section (maybe the bottom one?) that includes a list of GPA to entrance rank, as well as work experience to entrance rank - although I would have thought that you would have to work for longer than that for it to count.

I don't know how your special entry schemes work - its up to you if you want to use them. It should be pretty easy, just look at what your entry schemes will get you, plus your UAI, and then add bonus points if they are applicable to that university.

My advice is to stop stressing. I stress a lot but really there is nothing you can do once you have applied, but try your hardest at what you are doing and hope things happen as you want them to. Remember though, things always work out in the end, at least they do for me, and they should for you.

Roga

HSC
Just a similar Q, if I choose to drop a unit this semester (I did 4 in the first sem and 3 this semester), does that mean it doesn't qualify as a FULL year?

brad616

HSC
it should be pretty easy for you to work out yourself. Your gpa will not be taken into consideration, so it will just be based on your uai and whatever else you use to get in. There is a .pdf in the stickies section (maybe the bottom one?) that includes a list of gpa to entrance rank, as well as work experience to entrance rank - although i would have thought that you would have to work for longer than that for it to count.

I don't know how your special entry schemes work - its up to you if you want to use them. It should be pretty easy, just look at what your entry schemes will get you, plus your uai, and then add bonus points if they are applicable to that university.

My advice is to stop stressing. I stress a lot but really there is nothing you can do once you have applied, but try your hardest at what you are doing and hope things happen as you want them to. Remember though, things always work out in the end, at least they do for me, and they should for you.
thank you soooo much- i owe you!!!!!!!!!!!

brad616

HSC
It should be pretty easy for you to work out yourself. Your GPA will not be taken into consideration, so it will just be based on your UAI and whatever else you use to get in. There is a .pdf in the stickies section (maybe the bottom one?) that includes a list of GPA to entrance rank, as well as work experience to entrance rank - although I would have thought that you would have to work for longer than that for it to count.

I don't know how your special entry schemes work - its up to you if you want to use them. It should be pretty easy, just look at what your entry schemes will get you, plus your UAI, and then add bonus points if they are applicable to that university.

Btw what is the stickies section????

louy

HSC
N/A
Yep, definately take a chill pill. You can not stress about something you can not change.

Do your research and prepare yourself. But dont bust your gut.

Good luck

brad616

HSC
Yep, definately take a chill pill. You can not stress about something you can not change.

Do your research and prepare yourself. But dont bust your gut.

Good luck
Thanks, also do you know what the stickies section is etc. What do you think my chances are though??

rx34

HSC
The sticky section is the first few threads on the page with "stars" or "Important" written next to it. Since your adjusted UAI is 91 ish, these are my predictions.

Very very unlikely you will get in. Many people transfer to this course with high UAIs (97+) and good GPAs

Same as prediction 1

Yes you have a slim chance as the UAI for this course is about 95 i think.

Same as prediction 3

Decent shot. UNSW is known for inflating UAI entries and they're pretty lenient with EAS ppl.

Not sure of the UAI entry

Definitely.

brad616

HSC
The sticky section is the first few threads on the page with "stars" or "Important" written next to it. Since your adjusted UAI is 91 ish, these are my predictions.

Very very unlikely you will get in. Many people transfer to this course with high UAIs (97+) and good GPAs

Same as prediction 1

Yes you have a slim chance as the UAI for this course is about 95 i think.

Same as prediction 3

Decent shot. UNSW is known for inflating UAI entries and they're pretty lenient with EAS ppl.

Not sure of the UAI entry

Definitely.
OMG thank you sooooo much. Is the sticky section with stars or important on Bored of studies

brad616

HSC
The sticky section includes both the stars and 'important' heading. You should read this transfer sticky
Thanks but just to clarify one thing because I have completed less than 48CP i.e less than one year full time that does mean that they WONT take my uni results into consideration and that it will be 100% UAI/ATAR?? in all institutions?

brad616

HSC
Thanks but just to clarify one thing because I have completed less than 48CP i.e less than one year full time that does mean that they WONT take my uni results into consideration and that it will be 100% UAI/ATAR?? in all institutions?
e.g if I am failing this semester or failed one subject etc last semester will that severely jeopordise my chances of being accepted next year or will it not matter as I have not completed one year study and am therefore being considered on 100% UAI/ATAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)