Transferring from UWS to UNSW/USYD (1 Viewer)

jeikyung

HSC
Yo

So i got my first preference at UWS doing B of Computing (Information Systems). But i really wanna get into UNSW doing B of Engineering (computers) or USYD doing B of Information Technology or B of Computer Science.

Can anyone tell me how hard is it to get into those courses/unis? And what results would i need to make it count.

Cheers

HSC
judging by the photos you have on your dp and sig, but also how you start off by saying ''Yo'', then it's immensely difficult and I do not recommend it.

It's a cruel world, i know.

bll91

HSC
Hey there!
I've done my first year at UWS, and I got an offer to study at USYD this year.
All I can say is it depends on supply & demand. If the course is in high demand (like Law) then you'll need to achieve good marks to be able to compete with Year 12 students & Non Year 12 students applying for that course as well.

I know they say most courses require credit avg (GPA 5.0+ [UWS uses GPA system]) to transfer out, but I made it with a pass avg (GPA 4.3). It may have been because the course isn't so high demand/the faculty could supply many students. Continue to work hard and achieve good marks and transferring should be easy after the first year.

Last edited:

stinmo

HSC
hi, u must be korean as your dp is korean hiphoper, lol anyway, i transfered into UTS with GPA 4.6,

actually they dont require at least credit average if the course cutoff is not above ATAR 90.

I dont know about others but B IT at USYD requires ATAR 97. so I think dat will b hard for u.
just try software engineering or yea... lol

if u have any other questions abt transfer, add me on facebook or MSN messenger, ill b nice as im korean as well LOL

im using 'chess772@hotmail.com' for both of facebook and msn

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Hey there!
All I can say is it depends on supply & demand. If the course is in high demand (like Law) then you'll need to achieve good marks to be able to compete with Year 12 students & Non Year 12 students applying for that course as well.

I know they say most courses require credit avg (GPA 5.0+ [UWS uses GPA system]) to transfer out, but I made it with a pass avg (GPA 4.3). It may have been because the course isn't so high demand/the faculty could supply many students. Continue to work hard and achieve good marks and transferring should be easy after the first year.
Hi,

Do you mind me asking what you transfered into?

Thanks

bll91

HSC
Hi,

Do you mind me asking what you transfered into?

Thanks
Hello :)

I transferred to Education/Arts (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences)... Not exactly high in demand, that's why I reckon I got in.

YoObebee

HSC
Hey there!

Did you get exempted for all the units in the first year @ USYD?

werdiesehnsuct

HSC
Hi,
I've been offered a social science course at UWS and I have an ATAR of 69 - would it ever be possible for me to take the social science course and transfer into a liberal arts and science or B Arts at USYD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)