Admission calculation confusion?!!:S (1 Viewer)

feat01

HSC
Hey guys just wondering if anyone can answer my question. I got an ATAR in 2009 of 90.5. I did computer engineering at usyd for 1 year (2009) and had a weighted average mark of 65. I did not complete any study semester 1 this year. I have completed a semester of Commerce at Macquarie University. My weighted average mark will be around 80-85. How will my admission mark be calculated, if I was applying for commerce at usyd or unsw?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Hey guys just wondering if anyone can answer my question. I got an ATAR in 2009 of 90.5. I did computer engineering at usyd for 1 year (2009) and had a weighted average mark of 65. I did not complete any study semester 1 this year. I have completed a semester of Commerce at Macquarie University. My weighted average mark will be around 80-85. How will my admission mark be calculated, if I was applying for commerce at usyd or unsw?
Quote from USyd ;
"Transferring is extremely competitive and to be eligible for a transfer you need to have completed at least one year’s full-time study (or a part-time equivalent, basically 48 credit points which is usually eight subjects). If you haven’t fulfilled this, your application will be based on your high school ATAR/results. If you have done one year of study or more, your application will be assessed mostly on your university grades."

So urrh if you completed one full year of tertiary study then your GPA/WAM is used to access your admission if not then 25% of your ATAR and 75% of your GPA/WAM is taken or is it 10% ATAR and 90% GPA/WAM not entirely sure myself. But if you're doing an internal transfer into commerce at USyd you would have a significantly higher chance would you not?

kcqn93

HSC
Quote from USyd ;
So urrh if you completed one full year of tertiary study then your GPA/WAM is used to access your admission if not then 25% of your ATAR and 75% of your GPA/WAM is taken or is it 10% ATAR and 90% GPA/WAM not entirely sure myself. But if you're doing an internal transfer into commerce at USyd you would have a significantly higher chance would you not?
Internal transfers at USyd can only be done within the faculty. In most cases of transfer, you'll be going through UAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)