UWS to MACQ/UTS (IT) (1 Viewer)

jeikyung

HSC
Hey guys i just finished my first year of uni at UWS studying B of IT and I'm hoping to transfer to either MACQ or UTS doing the same course.
My GPA is 4.625
I've achieved 3 Passes and 5 Credits
My atar pretty sucked balls lol 60.6 :(
I was wondering is that enough to transfer to MACQ/UTS

stinmo

HSC
GPA 4.5 worths about 85, so urs will worth about 88.

so it should be VERY enough to transfer into macq uni IT

as its cut off is only 74.

good luck :)

jeikyung

HSC
Hey Stinmo, thanks for replying

I'm wondering how you calculated/converted that? (gpa -> atar, vice versa)
and at uws the gpa is out for 7 i think

edit: what would my atar be if my old atar and current gpa is calculated together?

Last edited:

rahul-blade007

HSC
N/A
GPA 4.5 worths about 85, so urs will worth about 88.

so it should be VERY enough to transfer into macq uni IT

as its cut off is only 74.

good luck

stinmo - you seem to know about transferring. Man, can you tell if I have a chance?

I have done first year at UWS - mechanical engineering and I want to transfer to UNSW - mechanical engineering

My GPA is 5.1 and my atar in year 12 was 62. I have heard UNSW takes 25% ATAR and 75% Uni results.

The cut off for the course is 91.00. Also, my SCATS application is successful. So, do I have a chance?

stinmo

HSC
Hey Stinmo, thanks for replying

I'm wondering how you calculated/converted that? (gpa -> atar, vice versa)
and at uws the gpa is out for 7 i think

edit: what would my atar be if my old atar and current gpa is calculated together?
hey,

yes I know uws gpa is out of 7.

there is no calculator of gpa into atar but, the reason I said GPA 4.5 worths about 88 atar is because
most of people with GPA 4.5 get offers from courses of 85-88 cut-off.

also, it depends on universities, to transfer into macquarie uni, GPA4.5 will allow high 80 courses but if u r applying to usyd, it will worth about 85.

I transferred from B medical science at UWS into B Science (cutoff:84.5) at USYD with GPA 4.5

my result was,

1st semster: FAIL, PASS, PASS, PASS
2nd semester: ALL DISTINCTIONS

i know quite many people who transferred from UWS and they achieved between about 4.5~5.0
and all of them successfully transferred into high 80~low 90 courses,

so, Im pretty sure u will get offer :)

p.s.- atar will not be combined if its not that good as ur GPA, so only ur GPA will be considered ( which is good for u! )

p.s.2- u r korean rnt u HAHAHA (im)

stinmo

HSC
stinmo - you seem to know about transferring. Man, can you tell if I have a chance?

I have done first year at UWS - mechanical engineering and I want to transfer to UNSW - mechanical engineering

My GPA is 5.1 and my atar in year 12 was 62. I have heard UNSW takes 25% ATAR and 75% Uni results.

The cut off for the course is 91.00. Also, my SCATS application is successful. So, do I have a chance?
yes you will get offered lol :D

I heard as well, that UNSW combines ATAR and GPA.
but if ur atar seems too low compared to ur GPA, they will assume u have developed, and will consider only GPA.
and my UWS friend transferred into UNSW engineering with GPA 5. (he's atar was 61)

u r better than my friend and my friend got an offer, so why would u get 1 as well? hahah

by the way, the cut off varies every year, but as UNSW engineering faculty is very big, it doesn't change usually, :)

jeikyung

HSC
hey,

yes I know uws gpa is out of 7.

there is no calculator of gpa into atar but, the reason I said GPA 4.5 worths about 88 atar is because
most of people with GPA 4.5 get offers from courses of 85-88 cut-off.

also, it depends on universities, to transfer into macquarie uni, GPA4.5 will allow high 80 courses but if u r applying to usyd, it will worth about 85.

I transferred from B medical science at UWS into B Science (cutoff:84.5) at USYD with GPA 4.5

my result was,

1st semster: FAIL, PASS, PASS, PASS
2nd semester: ALL DISTINCTIONS

i know quite many people who transferred from UWS and they achieved between about 4.5~5.0
and all of them successfully transferred into high 80~low 90 courses,

so, Im pretty sure u will get offer :)

p.s.- atar will not be combined if its not that good as ur GPA, so only ur GPA will be considered ( which is good for u! )

p.s.2- u r korean rnt u HAHAHA (im)
thanks for the information mate :)
made my life alot easier haha
and im half korean lol.

thanks again! :)

jeikyung

HSC
Btw one more question. The IT course at UTS is 83 atar. do you reckon i got a chance? with my 2010 atar and my current gpa?

rahul-blade007

HSC
N/A
yes you will get offered lol :D

I heard as well, that UNSW combines ATAR and GPA.
but if ur atar seems too low compared to ur GPA, they will assume u have developed, and will consider only GPA.
and my UWS friend transferred into UNSW engineering with GPA 5. (he's atar was 61)

u r better than my friend and my friend got an offer, so why would u get 1 as well? hahah

by the way, the cut off varies every year, but as UNSW engineering faculty is very big, it doesn't change usually, :)
Haha thanks man, really appreciated. Now I can go get smashed. lol

And, stinmo 1 more question bruv - My mate wants to transfer to unsw as well. His GPA is 4.85 (UWS 1st year) and he wants to transfer to UNSW engineering. His ATAR is 65. You reckon he has a chance?

daniboy232

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys sorry to chime in, but I've been researching on this topic with no answers. I'm doing construction management at uws and I want to transfer to the same course at its or unsw. Can you guys tell me what do I need to transfer like what gpa? And how do I go about transferring? I got a really bad atar of 55. And this is my first semester. Thanks

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
uni's dont look at atar when receiving uac apps from uni students. just try to get credit average and you should be good.

daniboy232

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey can someone help me out please?
Im at uws doing b construction managment and i want to transfer to construction and property management at either uts/unsw.
Ive gotten a 5.75 gpa for my first semester results.
My atar was extreamly low.
Can anyone help me with how/what chance there is transfering.
Thanks

daniboy232

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey can someone help me out please?
Im at uws doing b construction managment and i want to transfer to construction and property management at either uts/unsw.
Ive gotten a 5.75 gpa for my first semester results.
My atar was extreamly low.
Can anyone help me with how/what chance there is transfering.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)