if i a transfer after 1st year, do i continue to 2nd year (1 Viewer)

HSC
i am planning to go to UWS and to transfer after 1st year to a more prestigious uni such as MAQ, UTS, UNSW, USYD. and i was wondering if i will continue on to 2nd year, and if i don't want happens?

So if i do B Information Communications Technology @ UWS and then transfer to:

B Science in Information Technology @ UTS
B Information Technology @ MAQ, UNSW, USYD

Do i continue onto second year and not repeat anything?

Dylanamali

HSC
This is dependent on the university that your transferring to.
What are your seeking is to be awarded credits for the study that you have done at UWS.
It is at the discretion of the new institution to choose whether or not you deserve the credits for the units you have completed, and thus whether or not you will enter 2nd year or have to repeat some/all your units again.

Jeelous

HSC
Uni Grad
You can start from YEAR 1 or submit a transcript for credit exemptions/recognition, reducing the amount of years you need to attend studying. To put it in somewhat perspective, if you are studying Engineering and transfer to UTS Engineering, you could be exempted from doing 2 AUTUMN and 2 SPRING subjects of first year, meaning you will have reduced 6 month of a year 5 course.

If you believe there are subjects in which you should be exempted from after completing first year, contact Student Central.
Also make note, if you have been offered a transfer, make sure you get a physical copy of your transcript from UWS.

All the best :)

R

RishadM

You would only start from the 2nd year if you can successfully transfer all your years-worth of credit to your new university. So you should call the university you want to get into and check if they accept transferred credit from the first year courses at UWS. If they do accept all the credit from UWS and transfer it over, then, yes you start from 2nd year.
If they transfer some of the subjects then you'll probably start a semester or something behind. But you should definitely get a few things transferred over. Ask the universities that you want to get into if they will accept credit from the UWS first year courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)