External Transfer to BA-Media Arts (UNSW), Then To BA-Comp Science/Ba-Media Arts (1 Viewer)

Throbsy

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I am currently studying at UOW (Journalism/Arts) and want to move over to UNSW to study Computer Science/Media Arts. Currently, my plan is to external transfer through UAC to Media Arts, do that course for three semesters, obtain a the WAM requirements and then internally transfer to Computer Science/Media Arts.

However.

One of the requirements to transfer into the Engineering faculty is to have an average mark of 65 in Math1131 (Or equivalent). I don't believe I am able to pick that subject up while enrolled in Media Arts, so I would have to do Media Arts/Arts if the Arts course offers Math1131.

Pretty shaky plan at the moment, just need some guidance. :confused:

Any suggestions, past experience, would be great!

D94

HSC
N/A
You can enrol into MATH1131 whilst your in Media Arts or whichever degree - you won't be restricted. The main thing is to be certain you want to do Computer Science. You pretty much have to love programming and designing code.

Throbsy

HSC
N/A
You can enrol into MATH1131 whilst your in Media Arts or whichever degree - you won't be restricted. The main thing is to be certain you want to do Computer Science. You pretty much have to love programming and designing code.
Sweet!

I have heard a few people mention that it requires quite a bit of dedication, luckily I love it. Aced SDD in my HSC and continue to write Java apps for fun.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)