Transferring UWS to UTS (1 Viewer)

Jasonnn

HSC
Hi, i've been wanting to transfer from UWS Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology BCIT to a Computer course in UTS. I've got an ATAR of 68.05 last year and i was just 1 off getting 15 bonus points. The course in UTS last year required an ATAR of around 85. Would i be able to Transfer into UTS for mid year or should i wait until the end of the year?
Thanks

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Might be worth a go but afaik after first semester your ATAR is still used for transfers, you have to wait until the end of the year for it to be grades. Do you know what course you want at UTS though? We have ICT Engineering but i'd like to point out it is an engineering subject and is more comparable to (depending on the major) either Software Engineering, Telecom Engineering or Computer Engineering. The most directly comparable course to UWS's B ICT at UTS is actually the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. (Bsc IT)

Jasonnn

HSC
Yes, i want to do this course B Science in Information Technology Dip IT Prof Prac
Would they take into consideration that i would have had bonus points in this decision?
I really want to apply but don't want to waste $58 even though my mark is a lot lower

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes, i want to do this course B Science in Information Technology Dip IT Prof Prac
Would they take into consideration that i would have had bonus points in this decision?
I really want to apply but don't want to waste $58 even though my mark is a lot lower
I have no idea, and nobody on here probably will either. I'd say you'd probably be unlikely to get in but the best thing would be to email the uni or just go in and ask the student centre if they'd reccomend you do it or if you should wait.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Hi, i've been wanting to transfer from UWS Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology BCIT to a Computer course in UTS. I've got an ATAR of 68.05 last year and i was just 1 off getting 15 bonus points. The course in UTS last year required an ATAR of around 85. Would i be able to Transfer into UTS for mid year or should i wait until the end of the year?
Thanks
Wait until the end of the year; a credit average should get you in.

Nyx

HSC
could a credit average at the end of the year get you from commerce at newcastle to commerce at sydney?

Jasonnn

HSC
How hard is it to get credit average? Would it just be higher than the average of all the students in your course right now?

Jasonnn

HSC
No i didn't, because i wouldn't have received any bonus points, i also just realised that this year the B Science in Information Technology only needed 83 ATAR which makes me more depressed :(

tony1984

HSC
N/A
could a credit average at the end of the year get you from commerce at newcastle to commerce at sydney?
Nope. Sydney University is highly competitive for places, you'd need to have a Distinction average minimum to be considered for commerce. I listed USyd Commerce as a 3rd or 4th preference back in 2010 and didn't get accepted, I did however get accepted into another course at UTS or UNSW that had a 91 UAI minimum at the time, and my WAM was around a lower distinction as well. Of course my personal circumstances are exceptionally different to your own, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)