Transfer Unenrolment Issue (1 Viewer)

Oahsnek

HSC
I transfered unis and courses this year. In 2012 Semester 2 I enroled made my timetable for UNSW Commerce for Semester 1 2013. Early this year I was successful in transferring to physiotherapy at UWS through UAC. I believed that I was unenrolled already from UNSW once I accepted UWS' offer. However, yesterday they have notified me that I am expected to pay their tuition fees for Sem 1. What should I do?

D94

HSC
N/A
You should contact UNSW...

Oahsnek

HSC
Thanks for your reply, I would appreciate it greatly if you could help me further;

I have contacted UNSW and been directed to complete form to withdraw from a course without penalty. Basically I had to get course authority signatures. The head of one of the faculties that I needed a signature for was quite rude, and uncompassionate. He blamed me despite UNSW not contacting me once during the semester to even give me an indication that my enrolment was still there. I understand however, that it was primarily my mistake. His recommendation was that I retain full responsibility and not only pay full fees but be awarded a failure of zero. As I want to transfer again into medicine next year, I was angry and desperately appealed my case. After 20 mins of stressful conversing he realised he had misunderstood my situation and said he would discuss whether to give me an 'absent fail' or not.

My question now is whether an absent fail would affect my chances of getting into med. Im averaging a Distinction/High Distinction at Physio currently and will be sitting UMAT soon. Also are there any ways to further appeal my situation and remove academic failure completely?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)