I am bad at english can someone PLZ PLZ help me understand this about transfer!! (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
"If you have completed at least one year of a recognised tertiary qualification you will generally be considered on the better of either your tertiary qualification alone, or the combination of your secondary qualification and tertiary qualification.

Admission requirements are based upon your ATAR (50 per cent) and Tertiary Grade Point Average (50 per cent), or the Tertiary Grade Point Average (100%), whichever is higher. Entry to Combined Law is extremely competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 97 and/or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law.

Applications open in August each year for courses commencing in March the following year. If you are unsuccessful in a transfer application at the end of first year you can reapply after second year. The credit transfer policies of the Law School and its partner faculties are used when determining the amount of credit for previous studies. However, it may be difficult to complete Combined Law within the five years and you may wish to consider completing your first degree and then apply for the Juris Doctor."

Heres the thing, "MY ATAR" was EXTREMELLLLY BAD. So definately not over 95. I want to transfer into b.commerce/b.laws at USYD but I DO NOT have the atar. HOWEVER I am very confident to achieve a high university grade of distinction +. Is this site saying that if my atar is bad (which it is) then it's okay as they will only use my university grades?

SAY in conclusion someone got 30 ATAR but a high distinction. DOes that mean they have a really good chance of making into commerce/law at USYD???

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Would it not depend on the course you did?
And the university?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Older Siblings/Friends who are in universities

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Different courses would have different difficulty regarding distinctions being given etc

enoilgam

HSC
would it? your a preliminary student.... how would u know.
Try calling USyd then. I'm pretty sure that with USyd, if you have below a certain ATAR you can never be accepted on transfer into Combined Law.

enoilgam

HSC

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Can I just ask, if your english is that bad and you cant interpret that stuff, how on earth are you going to be able to interpret complex cases and statutes. I know Law Students with outstanding English abilities who struggle - have you thought this through?
Well you seem to not be able to.. and why would i be any different? I havent even started my degree.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
*Entry to Combined Law is extremely competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 97 and/or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law.

You should also check out whirlpool education forum posts on this subject too if you'd like more advice on this topic

enoilgam

HSC
Well you seem to not be able to.. and why would i be any different? I havent even started my degree.
It's pretty self-explanatory, chances are you need an ATAR above 97 to be competitive. If you want more information, contact the university.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
*Entry to Combined Law is extremely competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 97 and/or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law.

You should also check out whirlpool education forum posts on this subject too if you'd like more advice on this topic
"and/or"?

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
It's pretty self-explanatory, chances are you need an ATAR above 97 to be competitive. If you want more information, contact the university.
See thats the point. After reading it you are unsure which lead you to say "if you want more information, contact the university", its obvious that have failed to fully interpret what they are saying. Im not being rude im being logical.

enoilgam

HSC
See thats the point. After reading it you are unsure which lead you to say "if you want more information, contact the university", its obvious that have failed to fully interpret what they are saying. Im not being rude im being logical.
It is possible to interpret what they are saying there - it's just that they dont have the information you want, hence why you need to seek it out. You should have been able to figure that out.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I had a friend with 67 ATAR study a B Eco at UWS for one year and transfer into USYD Law the next. I didn't ask him about his GPA, but sure enough he is still studying Law at USYD and will continue to until he graduates. I would say in situations like that they most definitely disregarded his ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)