Can anyone explain how a university transfer actually works (1 Viewer)

GL1001

HSC
I'm referring to transfers between different universities.

As far as I'm aware, going from High School to Uni depends on your atar. They look at the course cut-off and offer enrollments to those who apply and scored above the cut-off going from the top to bottom, until places are full.

But what about when you try to get into these courses but have already did a year or two at a different university.

My predicament now is that I've got an atar of 97 and a WAM of 74.9 and want to transfer into ANU law which has a cut-off of 96. Had I be enrolling straight from high school, I'd be likely to be offered an enrollment since im above the cut-off. However, I've been reading on these forums that I need a distinction average (WAM 75) to transfer and although I'm averaging around a high credit - distinction and occasional high distinction, I'm not feeling very confident this semester and its making me anxious.

So can anyone explain the transfer process for me? Will the university look at my atar at all? or will they see that im .1 under the WAM cut-off and will disregard my application completely?

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
ATAR cutoffs vary each year due to the number of applicants. So it really depends.

As for uni transfer through UAC, they will combine your current WAM and ATAR and convert it into a new WAM, which will then be used to be considered for the course. It might be best to ring them and ask about what WAMs they have been accepting through transfers to give an idea of what you should be aiming for. A high ATAR such as yours might even boost up your WAM a little :)

Hope that helps.

Jinks

HSC
I think it depends on how far into your university degree you are, the further along the less your ATAR is considered and the more your WAM is.
Your best bet would be to contact ANU and simply ask them what they look at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)