Need some advice - transfer or drop? (1 Viewer)

90atarpls

HSC
So right now im enrolled in B Property Eco @ UTS
I'm not really liking the subjects/course as a whole and often hate studying because of how much i hate the material.

Im wanting to transfer to another course, recently ive been thinking about medical science, (i love science and done really well in them in year 12)
however, currently im thinking whether to withdraw from all my subjects, have no debt and apply through uac for mid semester intake using atar to get into medical science (65 cutoff and i got 82 atar), however i dont know if im going to get the offer.
OR
Stay doing this subject get credits + D's and then apply for a transfer to UTS (88 cutoff) or UWS using these uni marks during mid sem, or do i have to wait till the end of sem 2 for my uni marks to be taken into account ( and have a debt + the risk of also not getting in)

Ethicks

HSC
You need to look at the degree as a whole, first year subjects tend to be the basic underlying building blocks to which are called upon in later years for subjects that are more relevant to the degree. Find a JOB you want to do and aim for it don't just do a degree because you think you like it then you're stuck in the same pickle you're in now.

If you want to study at UTS there are several degrees that can be considered 'medical science' Bachelor of Medical Science is literally just about anatomy etc where as Biomedical Science is more of the diagnostic microbiology/haematology/histology/biochemistry which is associated around the diagnosis of various medical diseases and thus you can work in the field of finding disease or research(no funding why would you bother).

Don't count on mid-year entry from a transfer because it's unlikely normally you can only transfer after a year unless your ATAR is high enough for the degree you're applying for. If you have 82 you might also have bonus points either way you could take the biomedical option if that is what you desire.

If you're at UTS now you might be able to apply for an internal transfer? otherwise I would suck up the course fees and try for mid-year entry or drop out if you find a degree you want and your atar is high enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)