RMIT or QUT for Engineering-urgent!! (1 Viewer)

kiko2

HSC
N/A
Hi I really need some advice about choosing a uni for engineering.I am currently at Monash first year first semester.but it seems there aren't any specific engineering fields I am interested in.More over I have forgot lot of things from high school so I need time to catch up thing too.Census date is coming soon so I really need to decide.Can someone here please help me to get a decision? :-[

I have to move to QLD to go to QUT.That is the hardest thing where as I can go to RMIT from where I live now.but QUT course seems more versatile than RMIT.

could someone here say whether is it worth it to change states to go to QUT?how is the campus/facilities/lecturers and mainly the difficulty and contact hours etc etc?

how is the weather in QLD generally?I have hear so many bad things like cyclones,heavy rain etc etc.

Most importantly do I going to miss a lot by not going to Monash?

Also anyone who studied ECE or any eng course at RMIT can give me some insight?

if you were in my situation would you rather chose RMIT or QUT?

Hope to see some replies soon :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you afford accommodation? Would you be paying for moving?

kiko2

HSC
N/A
Can you afford accommodation? Would you be paying for moving?
I mean basically accommodation rates in Melbourne and Brisbane is same as far as I can see.What do you mean by paying for moving? :) I will have to spend for the flying.and may be transfer the car in to Brisbane.get new car plates and transfer the license. That is pretty much it I think.Anyway what do you think about this? :)

Ethicks

HSC
You know nothing about QLD, stay where you are.

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
I have limited experience, but given the lack of response, I'll add my two cents regarding Queensland weather.
On a day to day basis, it's Queensland weather is more predictable. They do get floodings and cyclones which have caused major infrastructure damage i certain parts in recent years. I don't think Brisbane has been affected majorly though, but there is a risk.
Otherwise, Monash as a university is decent and I am not sure why you would want to change in order to catchup.

kiko2

HSC
N/A
I have limited experience, but given the lack of response, I'll add my two cents regarding Queensland weather.
On a day to day basis, it's Queensland weather is more predictable. They do get floodings and cyclones which have caused major infrastructure damage i certain parts in recent years. I don't think Brisbane has been affected majorly though, but there is a risk.
Otherwise, Monash as a university is decent and I am not sure why you would want to change in order to catchup.
Thanks for the input.Brisbane weather is a concern for me.But people who is living there didn't complain though.Anyway I have to look about that.Thanks :) Yeah Monash is definitely decent but the course doesn't seem to be appealing to me.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Which option is cheaper and more convenient? Base your option around that.

To be honest, going to Monash or UMelb is a great option. If you go to Queensland, try UQ rather than QUT as UQ is a lot more recognised and well known about nationally and internationally (and it is noticed as a widespread uni and also ranked higher in terms of global rankings which you would want to consider when doing postgraduate if you get to that stage) as far as I am aware.

kiko2

HSC
N/A
Which option is cheaper and more convenient? Base your option around that.

To be honest, going to Monash or UMelb is a great option. If you go to Queensland, try UQ rather than QUT as UQ is a lot more recognised and well known about nationally and internationally (and it is noticed as a widespread uni and also ranked higher in terms of global rankings which you would want to consider when doing postgraduate if you get to that stage) as far as I am aware.
Well I would really like to stay in Monash. but it seems I don't enjoy their course nor they have any specializations I am interested in. That is the issue and that is why I am looking for other options. Thanks for the input anyway :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Well I would really like to stay in Monash. but it seems I don't enjoy their course nor they have any specializations I am interested in. That is the issue and that is why I am looking for other options. Thanks for the input anyway :)
Think about what you want exactly and where it is offered. I thought Monash and UMelb offered most areas of study for Engineering initially. I'm not too sure, but look at what you want to do. Also, look at what career path you want and whether you have chosen the right degree/program for it.

kiko2

HSC
N/A
Think about what you want exactly and where it is offered. I thought Monash and UMelb offered most areas of study for Engineering initially. I'm not too sure, but look at what you want to do. Also, look at what career path you want and whether you have chosen the right degree/program for it.
That is the hardest thing man. :( It takes some time. I will try hard. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)