Transferring to IR/Law (1 Viewer)

study17

HSC
I'm 2 years into a degree at Macquarie but have decided that it isn't for me. I was looking to transfer into an International Relations/Law degree at USYD or UNSW, but have an ATAR of 87 and a Pass Average in 2 years of study. Obviously I have no chance of a direct transfer to IR/Law, but what about a transfer to say a Bachelor of Arts at USYD/UNSw and then, assuming I get good marks in the BA, applying to transfer to IR/Law? Does anyone have similar experience they could share? How hard is it to get into IR/Law and will I get in with a D average in BA? Thanks!

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
too late for you, you already did 2 years of study with very low marks.

study17

HSC
why too late? 2 years in the scheme of the the next 50 years of my working adult life is nothing.
I'm more interested to know what my chances are of transferring into IR/Law are eventually, what marks will I need in the BA? And will my old tertiary record be taken into account?

study17

HSC
Essentially what I am looking for is an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and restart my tertiary record

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
why too late? 2 years in the scheme of the the next 50 years of my working adult life is nothing.
I'm more interested to know what my chances are of transferring into IR/Law are eventually, what marks will I need in the BA? And will my old tertiary record be taken into account?
as I said, if you did 2 years full time of a 3 year degree, your GPA is already too low to transfer into ir/law.

If you want to study a JD, your best bet is to do a masters first and then do the JD.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
He knows that, which is why he's not asking what the chances are of transferring straight into Law. He's asking what the chances are to transfer into Arts, THEN transfer into Law.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
He knows that, which is why he's not asking what the chances are of transferring straight into Law. He's asking what the chances are to transfer into Arts, THEN transfer into Law.
A pass is too low for any transfer. a high credit may even get you a transfer but being in uni for 2 years already most uni's don't accept final year transfers...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)