UWS to UTS/UNSW/USYD Engineering Transfer! (1 Viewer)

BlankClock

HSC
Hi, I currently attend UWS and was wondering what results I would need to transfer to either UTS/UNSW/USYD civil engineering.
I have received my first semester results and they are as follows:

1. Mathematics for Engineers 1: 67% - CREDIT
2. Introduction to Engineering Practice: 85% - HIGH DISTINCTION
3. Engineering Physics: 78% - DISTINCTION
4. Engineering Computing: 51% - PASS

GPA: 5.5/7.

I really enjoy studying at UWS but I live in Central and it takes way too long to get to uni and I would much prefer go to a uni which is closer to me. The reason as to why I chose UWS was because I received an early offer from them and I took it immediately as last year in 2014 I graduated high school and only received an ATAR of 57.3 :(

BlankClock

HSC
I was also wondering whether after a year of tertiary study they still take into account your ATAR? Thanks.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
There is no set cut off, but its usually a credit average. But try and see at the end of the year.

and for the 2nd question, no after a year the ATAR does not count.

BlankClock

HSC
oh kk sweet, well i'll try and maintain a credit average until the end of the year. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting accepted into UNSW/USYD civil engineering with a credit average? I heard UTS is a lot more lenient with transfers as opposed to UNSW/USYD.
Thank you!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I reckon your GPA is good enough

usually they take whichever is better out of your ATAR/GPA

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
So you think my GPA is good enough for UNSW?
I mean if you could get like a 5.75 it would increase your chances, because it is a demanding course.

I transferred into Advanced Science with a GPA of 6.5 from UWS. Advanced Science usually requires an atar of around 95.

BlankClock

HSC
thats awesome nice job! I was also wondering that with transfers, does UAC look at your GPA or individual marks for each unit?

BlankClock

HSC
Queenroot, in your opinion lets say by the end of this year I end up with a GPA of 5.75, do you think I should make UNSW or USYD as my first preference or be on the safe side and put UTS as my first preference? Just from what I hear apparently UTS is easier to get into.
Thanks again!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Queenroot, in your opinion lets say by the end of this year I end up with a GPA of 5.75, do you think I should make UNSW or USYD as my first preference or be on the safe side and put UTS as my first preference? Just from what I hear apparently UTS is easier to get into.
Thanks again!
UNSW

BlankClock

HSC
Would I still have a good chance of getting into either USYD or UTS if they were my 2nd and 3rd preferences respectively with a 5.75 or above GPA?

BlankClock

HSC
is the process for applying for a transfer the same as when you were in year 12 and applied for courses through the 9 preferences?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)