Transferring questions (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,

I plan on transferring to a different Uni at the end of my first year (This semester) I just had a few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

1. From what I've read the Uni offers for non-school leavers such as myself come out around the same time as Uni offers for HSC kids, if this is in January would it be too late to cancel my current enrollment at my currency University? If I was to get an offer to a new Uni I know I just enroll with them, but what exactly do I need to do to cancel my current enrollment?

2. Will my Uni marks for this second semester be released in time to process my application? Do I need to provide them or will UAC just pull them from my current University?

If anyone who doing Commerce who has transferred to another Uni could jsut tell me how everything goes that'd be appreciated, thanks.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
1. No, you can unenroll up until the census date in March. Look it up to see how to unenroll for your uni.
2. Yes most of the time UAC will get it for you. However they'll let you know if you need to give them your marks.
3. Ask RivarlyofTroll or Confound

HSC
1. No, you can unenroll up until the census date in March. Look it up to see how to unenroll for your uni.
2. Yes most of the time UAC will get it for you. However they'll let you know if you need to give them your marks.
3. Ask RivarlyofTroll or Confound
Thanks.

Might be a silly question but do you know if USYD or UTS have a link to any credit recognition tables? UNSW has a great one but with USYD and UTS they don't seem to guarantee any credit recognition, seems to be an apply-and-if-you-get-in-then-we'll-accept-a-credit-recognition-application type deal whch worries me cause I might apply, get in then they don't recognize anything.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Note: There are no guarantees with credit transfers as credits can change (i.e. be added or become expired) from year to year so the following should only be used as a guide.

The table above outlines the credits that you can expect to receive if transferring from UTS Business to UNSW Commerce or USYD Commerce.

If transferring to UNSW, avoid 23115 Economics for Business (its equivalent is not ECON1101 Microeconomics 1 or ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1).

If transferring to USYD, avoid 21129 Managing People and Organisations (BUSS1001 Understanding Business is ‘apparently’ not recognised as an equivalent) and 22207 Accounting for Business Decisions B (ACCT1006 Accounting and Financial Management is ‘apparently’ not recognised as an equivalent).

USYD Credit Check Tool:http://sydney.edu.au/arts/current_students/credit_checker.shtml

If you want to maximise your chances of the best possible amount of credit recognition, I'd go with USYD.

Neither actually, just wanted some sort story/info on the process if you could share anything, how did it all work for you?
I got 4/6 Business credits and 2/2 Law credits from UTS to UNSW.

Didn't get credit for IBP and EFB.

Queen summarised the process in a nutshell. It's just applying via UAC as a NRSL and you get offers at the same time as HSC kids.

Last edited:

HSC
Neither actually, just wanted some sort story/info on the process if you could share anything, how did it all work for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)