UOW to UNSW Transfer (Computer Science) (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
Just a few questions I had regarding external transfer

How do I know if my credits will transfer?

Should I do elec/comp sci at UOW then transfer to UNSW or just pick comp sci on its own? (Because of how engo focused CS is at unsw.)

Can I transfer to any course?

Is both my ATAR/GPA considered?

Is it best for me to go the UNSW info day and find out?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I just checked and barely any engo/cs subjects can be transferred.
Does that mean I will just lose 1 year of my time at UOW.
Does it say "nil" credit for the subjects or does it not show up?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I know someone who transferred like that except for Civil and they had about 75% accredited. Imo, if you go that route, maybe consider only doing the courses which will be accredited for your transfer.

Contact UNSW to see what can be accredited. Go through the school level (ie contact CSE program coordinator by email as well if possible).

turntaker

HSC
I know someone who transferred like that except for Civil and they had about 75% accredited. Imo, if you go that route, maybe consider only doing the courses which will be accredited for your transfer.

Contact UNSW to see what can be accredited. Go through the school level (ie contact CSE program coordinator by email as well if possible).
Ok thanks man. I will email them in the morning.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Would be surprised if you get a reply before 2nd January. UNSW is in shutdown.

Try any way. Some coordinators and staff are really nice when it comes to replying to emails from experience.

trist117

HSC
I'm also curious about this, did you get any luck? According to the credit transfer tool, it doesn't seem like there is any transfer available for engineering and comp sci

turntaker

HSC
I'm also curious about this, did you get any luck? According to the credit transfer tool, it doesn't seem like there is any transfer available for engineering and comp sci
I'm going to the info day tomorrow at unsw and finding out.

trist117

HSC
Another option is to use the flexi plan to get into comp sci at sydney uni and then transfer. You are guaranteed transfer from sydney to UNSW.

turntaker

HSC
Another option is to use the flexi plan to get into comp sci at sydney uni and then transfer. You are guaranteed transfer from sydney to UNSW.
yeah but Idk if I like Sydney uni. Heard its not that great.

turntaker

HSC
Okay, so I called UNSW and they told me that the website does not have every single subject.
They said you have to apply for it and they look at applications individually. So a lot of credits will most likely transfer as AD said.

trist117

HSC
Thanks TurnTaker, I rang up too and they pretty much told me that it would likely be able to happen but they do not know and cannot tell me specifically if it will or not.

So, are you planning to go to wollongong still?

turntaker

HSC
Thanks TurnTaker, I rang up too and they pretty much told me that it would likely be able to happen but they do not know and cannot tell me specifically if it will or not.

So, are you planning to go to wollongong still?
Yes. I am going to uow.
They can't tell you anything now because you need submit an application at the end of the year.

But I was told to do computing, maths and physics first year to make sure I can transfer credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)