USYD Law Transfer 2017 (1 Viewer)

unitedstates

HSC
N/A
Considering the new criteria for USYD Law internal transfer:

'Entry to Combined Law is competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 99 or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the High Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law. If you are a current Sydney student the weighted average mark (WAM) will be used. An ATAR above 99 or a WAM around 77 will be competitive.'

What is my likelihood of gaining an internal transfer place next year with a 99.1 ATAR (if it is considered over my university results)?

BiasedBuffalo

HSC

What is my likelihood of gaining an internal transfer place next year with a 99.1 ATAR (if it is considered over my university results)?
Good. I transferred internally this year with an ATAR of 99.05 and a WAM of ~78.

BLind95

HSC
Strong chance, however do not slack off in your first year of tertiary studies!
If you achieved an ATAR of 99.1, a WAM of 80 is easily achieveable.
I recieved an ATAR of 74.85 (terribly low) but managed to achieve a WAM of 86.5 last year and as a result managed to secure a place in USYD's Combined law program, so I can't stress enough how important your first year results will be.

All the best :tongue::tongue:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Do you have a link or anything for this? I would like to read :cook:

EDIT: Nvm I thought I read UNSW lol.... :sleep:

Silly Sausage

HSC
Strong chance, however do not slack off in your first year of tertiary studies!
If you achieved an ATAR of 99.1, a WAM of 80 is easily achieveable.
I recieved an ATAR of 74.85 (terribly low) but managed to achieve a WAM of 86.5 last year and as a result managed to secure a place in USYD's Combined law program, so I can't stress enough how important your first year results will be.

All the best :tongue::tongue:
That's a pretty impressive comeback imo.

engineering

HSC
N/A

'Entry to Combined Law is competitive and experience suggests you will require an ATAR above 99 or a Tertiary Grade Point Average in the High Distinction range to be competitive to transfer into Combined Law. If you are a current Sydney student the weighted average mark (WAM) will be used. An ATAR above 99 or a WAM around 77 will be competitive.'

Exactly as the information says, you will be "competitive".

I am not sure what more you are asking posters to answer? Even if someone could tell you "56%" or "17%" or "85%" (which they can't), is that going to stop you from applying?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
That's a pretty impressive comeback imo.
It might not even be a comeback - it's just university is a different ballgame to HSC and one doesn't necessarily correlate with the other's results in many cases (the opposite is also true, but it's not a surprising thing for the former to happen either)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)