need help/advice transferring (1 Viewer)

realmadrid121

HSC
hey so basically i completed my 1st year engineering at uws and didnt go so well. i completed 6 units/8. didnt do 2 units due to the workload and a failed unit. My question i have is i got an offer from macquaire uni for to do bachelor of engineering honours and science. But the problem i got is the major i want to do for engo is environmental and macq dont offer that which currently is offered at uws. So i was wondering what is the best thing to do? Although i wanted to goto UTS/usyd just didnt get a offer which i was knew i wouldnt get as i got a crappy gpa and didnt complete the full 8 units for 1 year to be eligible. My question is would a stand a better chance if i transfer at the end of the 2nd year at uws to UTS/usyd if i pull up my gpa or would it be better if i goto macq and then transfer to uts or will it be the same case?

Also if you change unis does your fails still remain in your transcript or does it get wiped away and will it still count towards their calcalations of their gpa at the new university.

Thanks if would be great if someone could help me out.

raisondetre1

HSC
N/A
I think that if you really do want to major in environmental engineering then stick with UWS and transfer to UTS/USyd. No doubt it's gonna be hard to come back from a failed unit but at least you have a fallback plan whereas if you get stuck at Macquarie majoring in something you don't like, it's possible that you won't do well there either.
If you're not that passionate about environmental engineering then I would say go to Macquarie but make sure you research their available majors and see if you are/could be interested in them before accepting.
And yes, if you transfer to a different university then your fails disappear from your transcript at your new university, however, your old university will always keep your records. So when you transfer but decide to crawl back to UWS, your failed unit will still be there on your UWS transcript.
Your GPA starts afresh so your credits at UWS won't count towards your Macquarie GPA. Your Macquarie transcript will probably say something like "you did so and so unit-equivalents at UWS" and that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)